The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- As low as $161/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deck or patio
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- In the city center
- Kayak on site
- Near the beach
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Water sports equipment
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 800 square feet
3 story pastel orange building, Less than a mile walk from the beach with white trim beach home freshly refreshed. This condo being one of 3 within our building has private kitchenette, bathroom and laundry, all located within the unit. The private entrance is located on the right side of the building leading to an arrangement of a studio which is cavernous and comfortable. The bedroom is in a separate and private living space to the rear of the condo while the rest of the living space is at the entrance to the unit. The private entrance door to this unit is accessed at the base of the main common space staircase which is the access for 2 spaces upstairs on the second floor. The building sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by ferry boat.
Be sure read everything including post booking messages so you know to bring linens and towels and SPECIFICALLY how guests need to set up check in time by cell phone the Morning of travels. Everything in the home is new finishings, kitchen and baths as well with new tile and wood floors. Roomy rooms.
Bicycles, golf carts and other 4x4 cars available for rent just across the street if you're interested.
The listed rate covers 2 guests.
Pet fee also applicable depending on the unit you book if they are allowed and not more than 35lbs. Limit 1 this unit, and must be marked and paid at booking page. **Pet not marked and paid for at the point of booking, I reserve the right to cancel the booking at the point of check in without refund. (All guests are met in person prior to check in )
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a family friendly building with home rules and peaceful hours posted in the rental agreement that you MUST read prior to booking. It's not a loud event home and OWNER reserves the right to cancel the booking (removing the guests) with or without refund, of any guests who do not abide by these home rules or demonstrate a lack of care towards the property or others while here.
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials purchased and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances purchased this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed as are most all the businesses, family owned and operated.
This home sits within walking distance to it all.
Important for guests to contact owner by cell phone supplied, the (morning) of check in date to establish the check in time based on your ferry plans.
** NO CHECK INS AFTER 7:30PM WITHOUT SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS AND AN AFTER HOURS FEE $
Please bring linens and towels with you. Bed is queen size.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this apartment is in the city center and near the beach. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Outer Banks Beaches, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- 2 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
Tips to get the perfect rental home experience:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- To get the best value, try shifting your vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer great temperatures, , and greatly reduced traffic.
- In the Ocracoke area, The earlier you can book a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable properties are booked very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host whether your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Ocracoke visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guides have offers and deals for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation week, and select a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. "The Hangar" East Coast best kept secret getaway spot, Ocracoke Island Condo has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is regularly available online. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property management company before reserving the property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches. You'll need to establish which bed configuration is optimal for your family.
- If there's a certain Ocracoke beach you are enamored with, look for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your group is traveling with pets, search for a pet-friendly property. Ask for details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some property managers require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Add the owner's contact information to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- To make certain damages aren't attributed to your family's visit, inspect for any problem areas when you arrive. Make contact with the host right away to report any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be a terrific resource to find the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Lock your rental while you are away. Protect your property!
- Re-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything at check-out. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a great vacation? Most rental management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.2 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.7 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.7 miles