About this Property
Sunset on the Sound - what a ideal name to describe this upper level 2 bedroom, soundfront condominium. Watch the sun sink slowly into the water from the appreciation of your generously decorated private outdoor space - where at times you can even hear the sizzle. This end unit offers expansive vistas of colorful sunsets and Portsmouth Island off in the distance. Sunset on the Sound is the ideal hideaway from the hustle of everyday life. Appreciate a brief walk or bicycle ride to many local stores and eateries. Sunset on the Sound offers straighforward access to Pamlico Sound for kayaking, clamming or bird watching.
This generous condo offers an open floor plan with a living/dining area with cathedral ceilings and a wall of windows offering water vistas.
2 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with King, 1 with Queen. Second floor Loft/Den offers a Daybed with Trundle (equals 2 twins). Each bath has a whirlpool tub and separate shower.
Central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 color cable TVs, and DVD player. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). Two whirlpool tubs. Washer/dryer. Entirely supplied kitchen including a dishwasher and microwave.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a enormous outdoor space. Covered Parking.
What's New for 2020: May 28, 2020 - At this time, pier damage from Hurricane Dorian has not been repaired. Website will be referbished when information is available.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted.
Parking is limited to 3 cars and includes covered parking for two cars in the parking space (1A) next to the stairwell.
No Partial Stays.
Sunset on the Sound is located on the third and fourth floor of the Horizons Condos
Level One: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD. Semi-private hallway bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower (bedroom and hallway access). Laundry Closet.
Level Two: Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD. Semi-private hallway bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower (bedroom and hallway access). Loft with Day Bed with Trundle.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters
for details or call (877) 741-6645.
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties supply Ocracoke area travel discount guides which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by merchants, or through a partnership between the property management company and the itself. Keep an eye out for these books and promotional books, since this allows vacationers to experience those terrific attractions at a generally significantly discounted.
- Are you able to shift your trip dates? The off-peak seasons can offer amazing rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many vacation rental companies provide unique discounts to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some homes are primarily designed for particular types of vacationers. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to night life. You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their clients the opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed due to medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas.
The Rental Process
Many people are shocked to learn how many vacation homes are available in Ocracoke. With such a big selection, renters are certain to come across a vacation home which matches their desires and budget.
Nearly all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are instrumental in helping vacationers with reserving, check-in, house cleaning, as well as repairs and maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most newcomers will be delighted to realize that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Searching for and booking the right vacation property:
Before you decide to book "Sunset on the Sound: Soundfront condo with colorful sunsets.", read through our brief checklist of things to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plot their Summer family vacations..
Select a Community and Date
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your trip is deciding where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes much easier.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Determine who is joining, and how many/what particular bedroom setup you'll need. Try to remember that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Most vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Will your selected rental property suit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, check that each person knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental with outdoor kitchen? Does the unit need to be beach front, the downtown area, or near night life? Will the home have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do a few members of your party have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the gang travelling with a furry companion? Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines can vary. Study your agreement thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
Its Time to Search
Once the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar homes that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Your best chance for a lower rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read Through The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard price, guests will need to pay local taxes when renting "Sunset on the Sound: Soundfront condo with colorful sunsets.", as well as any other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a pet fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed due to personal health emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Locals will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a great source of tips.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to be sure you've collected all possessions.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all rental management company sites request feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your critique.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Does everybody want to go back? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning will be simple. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.