The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kayak / Canoe
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Considered
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wireless Internet
About this Property3 story pastel orange building with white trim beach home freshly redone. This condo being one of 3 within our building has private kitchette, bathroom and laundry, all located within the unit. The private entrance is located on the right side of the building leading to an arrangement of a studio which is generous and peaceful. The bedroom is in a separate and private living space to the rear of the condo while the rest of the living space is at the entrance to the unit. The private entrance door to this unit is accessed at the base of the main common space staircase which is the access for 2 spaces upstairs on the second floor. The building sits in the middle of our little island 30 miles off the mainland accessible only by boat or plane which I have one of each. Everything in the home is new finishings, kitchen and baths as well with new tile and wood floors. Voluminous rooms, full length porches (30 feet long).
Jeep use is complimentary to visitors when available for brief excursions if experience demonstrated.. To take on the beach requires full prior experience with driving on the soft beach sand and demonstrated stick 4x4 experience. (My only wheels on this island is not the place to learn because it is my only set of wheels here) ... Dog not included :) ** Driver is 100% responsible for any damages, breakdowns, or towing which is then tied to your security deposit if you drive it.
Bicycles, golf carts and other 4x4 cars available for rent just across the street if you're interested.
**(the listed rate covers 2 visitors, there is a fee for any addition persons. Childrens under 12 are complimentary though. Animals fee also applicable depending on the unit you rent if they are allowed and not more than 35lbs. limited 2, and must be marked at renting page. ** ANY of this not marked and paid for at the point of renting, I reserve the right to cancel the renting at the point of check in without refund. All visitors are personally met in person prior to check in )
*it's important to me to note that this home was rebuilt using most materials bought and transported from Habitat For Humanity. It has been a dream of mine to make this kind of contribution using most of the design tile work here, all of the cabinetry work purchases, all the interior fans and most of the appliances bought this manner.
No franchises are allowed on island so all the fish markets and eateries are locally owed as are most all the businesses, family owned and operated.
This home sits within walking distance to it all.
Important for visitors to contact owner by cell phone supplied, the morning of check in date to establish the check in time.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with savings for rental homes, dining and tours. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat guests to the same rental home. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers guests reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Home Information
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and variety of weekly rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be delighted to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you start to book ""The Hangar" East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available", review our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Begin by deciding which specific area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Bear in mind that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the price for your chosen stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking a pricey rental home. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
What property features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Does the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental charge? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a four-legged friend? Pet policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. A number of limitations may possibly eliminate a potential rental home. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Where to Search
Many websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies usually have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, vacationers must pay local taxes when renting ""The Hangar" East Coast best kept secret getaway spot. Condo available", in addition to various other fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear soon after you arrive. If you find damages, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Please be considerate of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental property to ensure you've packed all possessions.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to verify no property damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental management company web sites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. How did they feel about the rental? Maybe everything turned out to be fantastic and you're excited to reserve the same property for next year. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.2 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.2 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.7 miles