- 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyLocated at the end of a winding lane, The Soundfront Inn is located on a roomy, historic unit on the shores of the Pamlico Sound. This older home transports you to a 'by gone era'. You are invited to return to a simpler time. The Soundfront Inn retains much of its original grace. Antiques and local decor combined with tasteful remodeling add to the ambiance of your stay. Take a holiday to 'yesteryear'.
To enhance the ‘old Ocracoke glamour’, the owners have not installed telephones or cable. With plenty of windows to let in the wind, there is NO AIR CONDITIONING.
Adore memorable times with family and friends at this generous and generous home, yet peaceful enough for a modest family. Whether seeking a private getaway or a favorite area to gather, the generous selection of interior spaces, indoor and outdoor porches, decks and enormous yard are sure to delight. Savor handsome sunsets and find comfort in the sound of waves reaching the close by shore. A 300' beach on the Pamlico Sound completes this fascinating unit.
Walk or bicycle to village stores, galleries and eateries. Take a walk to Silver Lake Harbor or walk the sandy trails and shoreline of the close by Springer's Point Nature Preserve. For those that find happiness in history, location and nature, The Soundfront Inn welcomes you.
6 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with Queen, 2 with a Double, 3 with two Twins. One bath with a tub, one with a shower stall.
Conveniences include ceiling fans and a fan in every bedroom, commercial 6 burner Vulcan gas stove, dishwasher and microwave. Player piano. Minimal heat available. Gas heater in living area and dining area only. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers screened porches and plenty of covered porch space with porch rockers. The screened porch off the lower level bedroom offers an outdoor clawfoot tub. Relish a huge hot/cold outdoor shower, gas grille and fish cleaning bench. There is no dock, but it is possible to anchor a modest boat or launch kayaks from this unit.
*This home does not give linens.
NO AIR CONDITIONING. No TV, No Cable or Satellite. No DVD or audio system. No Internet Access. No Telephone.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Stays.
First Floor: Kitchen, Dining Room and Living Room. Sun Porch. Master Bedroom with Queen and Bath with claw foot tub/shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Two bedrooms, each with a Double bed. Three bedrooms, each with two Twin beds. Sun Porch. Bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property owners and rental homes supply Ocracoke area travel discount books which include deals, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the local business itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Prefer to stay away from packed areas and cut costs? Shoulder seasons feature impressive discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be able to get discounted prices. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve particular vacationers, whether it is soundside homes with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a home which most closely matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, renters are sure to find a vacation home that suits their expectations and price range.
The vast majority of rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping travellers with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping services, and any routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be happy to discover that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you book "Soundfront Inn: Spacious historic home with beach on Pamlico Sound", go through our brief checklist of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned destinations, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked very early. To guarantee the most desirable selection of homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. A lot of families plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Start by deciding which particular area of Ocracoke you want to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental property
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Determine the rate for your selected stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain everybody knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. In most cases, a single member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is your group looking for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Will the home have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Make a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
In some cases the elder generation has problems with staircases. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your best friend! Dog policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
The best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to having distinctive properties, local companies offer excellent service..
When you've identified your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Total Contract
Read through the entire contract and make certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard price, visitors have to pay state taxes when renting "Soundfront Inn: Spacious historic home with beach on Pamlico Sound", as well as any other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their situation, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
After you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you find damage, or if fixes are needed contact the property manager immediately.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental to be sure you've collected all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Most property management companies and rental home sites permit renters to give comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental was not as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Did everyone have a good time? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental unit. Maybe the rental wasn't perfect, and you'll better know how to perfect your search next time.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.4 miles