- 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyLocated at the end of a winding lane, The Soundfront Inn is located on a voluminous, historic unit on the shores of the Pamlico Sound. This older home transports you to a 'by gone era'. You are invited to return to a simpler time. The Soundfront Inn retains much of its original grace. Antiques and local decor combined with tasteful remodeling add to the ambiance of your stay. Take a holiday to 'yesteryear'.
To enhance the ‘old Ocracoke magic’, the owners have not installed telephones or cable. With plenty of windows to let in the wind, there is NO AIR CONDITIONING.
Appreciate memorable times with family and friends at this generous and enormous home, yet comfortable enough for a modest family. Whether seeking a private getaway or a favorite area to gather, the generous selection of interior spaces, indoor and outdoor porches, decks and enormous yard are sure to delight. Adore pretty sunsets and find delight in the sound of waves reaching the close by shore. A 300' beach on the Pamlico Sound completes this fascinating unit.
Walk or bicycle to village stores, galleries and eateries. Take a walk to Silver Lake Harbor or walk the sandy trails and shoreline of the close by Springer's Point Nature Preserve. For those that find happiness in history, location and nature, The Soundfront Inn welcomes you.
6 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with Queen, 2 with a Double, 3 with two Twins. One bath with a tub, one with a shower stall.
Conveniences include ceiling fans and a fan in every bedroom, commercial 6 burner Vulcan gas stove, dishwasher and microwave. Player piano. Minimal heat available. Gas heater in living area and dining area only. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers screened porches and plenty of covered porch space with porch rockers. The screened porch off the lower level bedroom offers an outdoor clawfoot tub. Savor a sizable hot/cold outdoor shower, gas grille and fish cleaning bench. There is no dock, but it is possible to anchor a modest boat or launch kayaks from this unit.
*This home does not give linens.
NO AIR CONDITIONING. No TV, No Cable or Satellite. No DVD or audio system. No Internet Access. No Telephone.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Stays.
First Floor: Kitchen, Dining Room and Living Room. Sun Porch. Master Bedroom with Queen and Bath with claw foot tub/shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Two bedrooms, each with a Double bed. Three bedrooms, each with two Twin beds. Sun Porch. Bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with special deals for rental properties, dining and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons feature outstanding promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies provide markdowns to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Property management companies and individual property owners often offer customers an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are offered in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an perfect retreat to fit their Ocracoke family, from tranquil condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be happy to know that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
How to find and book a great rental property:
Do you think "Soundfront Inn: Spacious historic home with beach on Pamlico Sound" is the best rental property for your upcoming trip? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental homes start booking very early. To ensure the very best selection of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke getaway 6-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Begin by determining which particular area of Ocracoke you prefer to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Select a Size
How many family members are joining your trip? Keep in mind that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure that "Soundfront Inn: Spacious historic home with beach on Pamlico Sound" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What home features is the group interested in? Do you only desire a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, in town, or near wildlife? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Appropriate accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your pets. While a number of vacation homes allow furry friends, guidelines and costs fluctuate per property. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are added.
Its Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Besides having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide you with excellent service..
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, guests will have to pay state taxes when renting "Soundfront Inn: Spacious historic home with beach on Pamlico Sound", in addition to any other fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager straight away. This can protect against disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for renters to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did they feel about the rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be relatively easy. If the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better know how to improve your search next time.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles