- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyIf you are looking for the appealing Ocracoke Island lifestyle, this holiday home is ready to welcome you. You don't need to leave your dog behind, So Dandy is pet amiable! Thoughtfully designed, this single floor plan home is decorated for your happiness from the reclining living room furnishings and year-round electric fireplace in the main living area, the TV in the kitchen, to the fenced-yard access from the back screened porch (no need to leave the home to walk the dog).
Ride your bicycle to Silver Lake Harbor, shopping and galleries, walk to the coffee shop, playground and library.
3 bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with 2 Twins. One bathroom has shower only.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs, 4 DVD players, 1 Blu-ray DVD and DVR. Electric fireplace (available year round). The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher, wine refrigerator, Keurig and standard coffee maker. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
The exterior offers a front porch, rear screened porch, outdoor space swing, an enclosed rear yard, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Affable - Dogs Only. No Puppies Please. min. of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Living area with TV/DVD. Eat-in Kitchen with TV. Two Bedrooms each with King bed, TV/DVD player. Bedroom with 2 Twins, TV/DVD player. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Hallway Bath with shower and laundry closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and rental homes provide Ocracoke area travel discount guides that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by vendors, or by way of a partnership between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to alter your trip dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer terrific rates on rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some vacation rental companies provide special discounts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer their customers the option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed a result of personal health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra fuel.
General Rental Home Information
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide variety of short-term properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to find a property that meets their wishes and price range.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to find that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Searching for and reserving the right rental:
Do you think "So Dandy: Dog Friendly, convenient to restaurants, coffee shop." is the perfect rental home for your upcoming trip? Browse through this guide to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke vacation rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the greatest selection of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke vacation home 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Settle on your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be challenging among members of the family, but once this tricky part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Remember that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you book.
Make a Spending Limit
Make sure that "So Dandy: Dog Friendly, convenient to restaurants, coffee shop." suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, ensure each party understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Typically, one member of the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's share.
Rental Home Amenities
What home features is the family searching for? Do you want a rental property with outside kitchen? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home fee? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
In some cases the elder generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Most rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the group travelling with a dog? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies differ. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Study your contract very carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies frequently have an exclusive selection of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to negotiate a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
Read the whole agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal fee, visitors will have to pay state taxes when booking "So Dandy: Dog Friendly, convenient to restaurants, coffee shop.", as well as various other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
When you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will be helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call helps prevent many headaches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a visit substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Always make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental property web sites ask for reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest about your stay. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to solve the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to go back? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. If the rental home was not perfect, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles