The Ocracoke Wild Horses, or "Banker Ponies" are easily Ocracoke's oldest residents, and have been plodding along the island for the last few hundred years. These famed horses are arguably one of the island's top attractions, and can be easily admired by any Ocracoke visitor via a quick trip to the National Park Service's Ocracoke Pony Pen.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Heated Pool
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis handsomely adorned home is located directly on Silver Lake Harbor. Unwind and savor harbor front living both inside this peaceful home, or outdoor savoring a private heated pool located directly on the water. Amazing harbor vistas from all levels.
Your shared deep water dock provides 50 AMP electric service, water and fish cleaning bench. This unit is located on the residential side of Silver Lake Harbor and provides smooth access to Pamlico Sound and beyond!
The first floor offers a Master King Suite with private bath, den with 42 inch plasma TV with DVD player and kitchenette with refrigerator, freezer and sink. Screened porch leads to an open outdoor space with pool. Half bath.
The living, dining and kitchen are located on the second level. The living area includes a 52 inch LCD TV with DVD player. Half bath and washer/dryer. Covered and open outdoor space.
The upper level offers two Master King Suites with private bathroom with shower. Shared outdoor space access from both suites. Entertainment wet bar provides convenient access to rear covered outdoor space and spiral staircase to lookout outdoor space offering striking expansive vistas.
3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths and 2 Half Baths: Each bedroom has a King bed. A Queen Size Sleeper Couch is located in the den. One deep soaking tub.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 5 TVs with cable service and 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher and ice maker. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers shared boat dockage on Silver Lake Harbor with 50 AMP Electric Service, water and fish cleaning bench. Several decks, a screened porch and lookout outdoor space with magnificant vistas. Modest private pool (roughly 7' x 15'), hot/cold enclosed outdoor shower and a park style charcoal grille along with a gas grille which is available to both Sea Moor Lake and the neighboring Serendipity visitors.
For 2020, pool will be open March 29 thru October 24. Pool is heated March 29 - May 17th and September 6 - October 24. Pool may be heated, with advance arrangement late May to mid September at $200 per week plus tax.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Den with Queen Couch Bed and Kitchenette with refrigerator/freezer, microwave, TV/DVD, and wet bar. Master Bedroom with King bed and Master Bath with soaking tub with shower. Half Bath.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with living area (TV/DVD), sitting area, dining and kitchen. Laundry Area. Half Bath.
Third Floor: Two Master Bedrooms each with a King bed, TV, and a private Master Bath with shower. Hallway wet bar with mini refrigerator.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed travel guides with special offers for property management companies, restaurants and tours. Keep an eye out for these guides and coupon books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the same terrific attractions with a quite often considerable discounted.
- Desire to avoid the crowds and save cash? Off-peak times offer up tremendous discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for promotions. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some properties are practically catered to particular clients, whether it's oceanside homes with pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home which most thoroughly matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer guests an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to locate a rental that suits their desires and budget.
Nearly all rental properties in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in helping families with making reservations, check-in, house cleaning, and any maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most beginners will be happy to find that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "Sea Moor Lake: Harborfront with amazing views. Heated Pool." is the best rental for your upcoming vacation? Look over this check list to ensure it fits your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Many families plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Quite often, the most challenging portion of planning your trip is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be much easier.
Just How Many Beds?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Try to remember that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you book.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Spend?
Confirm that "Sea Moor Lake: Harborfront with amazing views. Heated Pool." suits your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. A single individual in your company will have to be in charge of collecting repayments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is your family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or near wildlife? Are bedsheets offered with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Commonly the older generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. The majority of rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the crew visiting with a family dog? While a number of vacation homes allow animal friends, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Where to Search
As soon as the place, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies typically have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Your best possibility of a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when booking "Sea Moor Lake: Harborfront with amazing views. Heated Pool.", as well as various other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
After you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. We also suggest immediately calling the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of advice.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Just about all property management companies and rental search sites make it easy for renters to give reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but straightforward about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their rental? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental home. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience that can help with your next search.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles