The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Heated Pool
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis appealingly furbished home is located directly on Silver Lake Harbor. Unwind and adore harbor front living both inside this peaceful home, or outdoor relishing a private heated pool located directly on the water. Amazing harbor vistas from all levels.
Your shared deep water dock provides 50 AMP electric service, water and fish cleaning bench. This unit is located on the residential side of Silver Lake Harbor and provides painless access to Pamlico Sound and beyond!
The first floor offers a Master King Suite with private bath, den with 42 inch plasma TV with DVD player and kitchenette with refrigerator, freezer and sink. Screened porch leads to an open outdoor space with pool. Half bath.
The living, dining and kitchen are located on the second level. The living area includes a 52 inch LCD TV with DVD player. Half bath and washer/dryer. Covered and open outdoor space.
The upper level offers two Master King Suites with private bathroom with shower. Shared outdoor space access from both suites. Entertainment wet bar provides convenient access to rear covered outdoor space and spiral staircase to lookout outdoor space offering spectacular expansive vistas.
3 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths and 2 Half Baths: Each bedroom has a King bed. A Queen Size Sleeper Couch is located in the den. One deep soaking tub.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 5 TVs with cable service and 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave, dishwasher and ice maker. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers shared boat dockage on Silver Lake Harbor with 50 AMP Electric Service, water and fish cleaning bench. Several decks, a screened porch and lookout outdoor space with striking vistas. Modest private pool (roughly 7' x 15'), hot/cold enclosed outdoor shower and a park style charcoal grille along with a gas grille which is available to both Sea Moor Lake and the neighboring Serendipity visitors.
For 2020, pool will be open March 29 thru October 24. Pool is heated March 29 - May 17th and September 6 - October 24. Pool may be heated, with advance arrangement late May to mid September at $200 per week plus tax.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Den with Queen Couch Bed and Kitchenette with refrigerator/freezer, microwave, TV/DVD, and wet bar. Master Bedroom with King bed and Master Bath with soaking tub with shower. Half Bath.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with living area (TV/DVD), sitting area, dining and kitchen. Laundry Area. Half Bath.
Third Floor: Two Master Bedrooms each with a King bed, TV, and a private Master Bath with shower. Hallway wet bar with mini refrigerator.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will send printed travel guides with special offers for lodging, restaurants and activities. Search for these guides and coupon books, as this allows vacation goers to discover the very same wonderful attractions with a significantly discounted.
- Willing to alter your trip dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Many rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning guests to the same property. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially catered to particular visitors, whether it is soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home that most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners commonly offer clients an opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed as a result of medical emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an optimum retreat to fit their Ocracoke crew, from restful condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping services, and any routine service issues that may arise.
We've developed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
How to find and book a great rental property:
Do you believe "Sea Moor Lake: Harborfront with amazing views. Heated Pool." is the perfect rental home for your next visit? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many desirable vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked early. To assure the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever you can. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Decide on a Town and Date
Sometimes, the toughest part of preparing for your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes simpler.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Many vacation rentals are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking an expensive rental home. Generally, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you simply want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be oceanfront, downtown, or near night life? Are sheets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the party traveling with a dog? Animal friends are welcome at many rentals, but policies can vary. Examine your agreement carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
A number of websites exist to match clients with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with superb service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental management companies and property owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. If you discover wear and tear, or if repairs are needed contact the home manager right away. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be very helpful.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to confirm you've collected all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Many property management companies and rental websites permit travellers to offer feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but straightforward with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to solve the problem.
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific vacation home. Maybe the rental property wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to improve your search for the next time.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles