About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Round Pond offers a striking sound side view with a sandy beach. The reverse floor plan has four bedrooms, three and a half baths, and an open concept great room that has a dry bar, drink refrigerator, and gourmet kitchen. The first level features a half home wrapped screened deck, wet bar with a modest sink and full refrigerator, sunroom, queen bedroom, pyramid bunk room, a shared full bath with tub/shower combo, and a king master with walk in shower en suite. The second level has a half home combo opened and screened deck, family room, dining room, sunroom, kitchen, and a king master with a walk-in shower en suite. The outside features include a private sand beach, dock with deep water access, outdoor shower, and piped water fish cleaning station. This Sunday turn day property does not offer linens or towels, please inquire about rental options.
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Ocracoke Preservation Museum and Deepwater Theater are cultural highlights.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Ocracoke vacation rental booking tips and tricks:
How to get the best rental value:
- Reserve your rental home in the Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer.
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective host whether your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area visitors guides which often include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select your dates and maximum budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Round Pond - Blue Heron Realty has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is normally available online. If not, contact the property owner before reserving your rental. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or applied to your invoice.
Know before you go:
- Add the property manager's phone number to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- During check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call prevents lots of difficulties.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Frequently, surrounding homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Re-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Property managers rely on great feedback to drive future reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to solve it.
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.7 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.8 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.4 miles
- Cedar Island Ferry - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles