- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyCharming cedar shake bungalow in private neighborhood with view of the Ocracoke Lighthouse. Walking distance to Silver Lake Harbor, village activities, stores, galleries and eateries.
This sensational cedar-shake bungalow is within a distant view of the lighthouse and is located on the Pamlico Sound side of Ocracoke Island.
2 Master Bedrooms, 2 Baths: Each bedroom with Queen. Both bathrooms offer a shower only.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and DVD player. Pack-N-Play. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a ground level and first floor screened porch, outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, picnic table, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. No Telephone. min. 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Entry Hallway with washer/dryer.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with living, dining and kitchen. Living area has a TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV, Master Bath with Shower Only. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV, Master Bath with Shower Only.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many property management companies and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area promotional travel magazines which feature deals, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the local business itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, since this allows travelers to discover the very same wonderful activities with a often substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you might take a trip? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive promotions.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer financial savings to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly anticipating during your stay? You should prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and places of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual home owners generally offer clients the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are often times surprised at the number and wide range of weekly properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an suitable getaway to suit their Ocracoke gang, from calm condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, equipment and practical experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rentals, however many novices will be delighted to learn that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Finding and reserving the best rental home:
Before you book "Reo: Located in a private neighborhood with Lighthouse view.", go through our short collection of points to consider.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Many groups choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Agreement can be tough among members of the family, but the moment this tricky part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Consider that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Will the chosen vacation property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before booking an expensive rental property. Generally speaking, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and collecting each person's share.
Make a List of "Wants" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you simply want a property with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Does the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Are bed linens included with the rental contract, or do you need to provide your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate rental.
Grandparents will thank you for not renting a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Do not forget to include your best friend! Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
It Is Time to Search
As soon as the area, dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local companies generally have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the property management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an extra night. Your easiest prospects for a lower rate will be switching to an off-season week.
Read through the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard fee, vacationers will have to pay local taxes when booking "Reo: Located in a private neighborhood with Lighthouse view.", along with any other fees which might be required depending on their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers reassurance should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any damages right after you arrive. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any needed fixes. This may prevent conflicts during checkout.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every room of the rental home to make certain you've collected all belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Nearly all rental property websites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and rental managers will thank you for positive critiques. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you should make it a point in your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they like the rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning will be easy. If the rental home was not quite right, and you will better know how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.2 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.2 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.3 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.3 miles
- Island Quest Gifts - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.3 miles