The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- DVD player
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Dining table
- Fish cleaning table on site
- No pets allowed
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Appreciate this classic vacation home located on Ocracoke Island. Modern amenities and southern appeal intertwine to offer the ideal blend of style and function. The open, inviting living area and three bedrooms, including two generously sized master suites complement this property gorgeously.
3 bedrooms, 3 Baths: 2 Primary Suites each with Queen Bed and Bath (no door). 1 bedroom with two sets of Bunk Beds.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, complimentary wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs, 2 DVD players and 1 Blu-Ray DVD. Whirlpool tub.
The exterior offers a covered porch, screened porch with casual seating area, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not provide linens.
No smoking. No family pets.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of booking.
Short Stays are available; there is a three-nighttime minimum, and these stays can be booked within two weeks of arrival.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with two Bunk Beds, TV. Bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Primary Bedroom Suite with Queen bed, TV/DVD, and adjoining Primary Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Primary Bedroom Suite 2 with Queen bed, TV/DVD, and adjoining Primary Bath 2 with tub/shower.
Third Floor: Sitting Area.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Ocracoke. Springer's Point Preserve and Pamlico Sound reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Ocracoke Pony Pens and Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in the Ocracoke area. To get the best value, try shifting your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant weather, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Ocracoke vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation homes are reserved early. Booking your vacation rental 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites usually offer guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which will include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing the best rental in Ocracoke:
- First and foremost, have your family agree to date ranges and a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Oleander: Classic vacation home with southern charm. has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often available online. If they are not listed, call the property owner before booking the rental. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to establish what configuration is optimal for your group.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or might be applied to your invoice.
Some things to know before you go:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your smartphone.
- At Check-in, document any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- Re-check the vacation property to confirm that you've packed everything at departure. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and scan for damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever possible. If the host isn't available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- Did your family have a great stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your property and/or property management company was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.6 miles