The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis enchanting holiday home, located on a peaceful street in the Wahab Village neighborhood offers two Master Suites. Downstairs includes a master bedroom with it's own bathroom, main living room, kitchen and dining area. Upstairs includes an additional living area and a bedroom with a queen bed and separate bathroom. This home is ideal for two couples visiting together but also desiring their own privacy.
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Oct 18 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2021 - Dec 31 2021 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation houses supply Ocracoke area promotional catalogs that feature deals, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a partnership between the property manager and the store itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are you able to adjust your vacation week? Off-peak times provide tremendous bargains.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the US Military, or repeat guests to the same rental home. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other homes are positioned close to music venues. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most excited about.
- Consider getting trip insurance along with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed resulting from medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the range and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke family, from quiet condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners often choose management companies to assist with marketing, housekeeping services and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many novices will be happy to discover that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Where to find and reserve the right vacation rental:
Do you believe "The Breeze-Perfect for couples, located in Wahab Village" is the best vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits your preferences.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before a trip. Many households decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose a Village and Time
Quite often, the toughest part of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is traveling, and just how many/what type of bedroom setup you should have. Remember that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Does your preferred rental fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before reserving a costly vacation property. One individual in your company will need to be responsible for collecting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Wants" and "Requirements"
What home features is your group interested in? Do you simply want a home with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or close to shopping? Will the unit have bicycles and beach toys available throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Special Issues to consider
Adequate accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. Most rental listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies differ. Many constraints may eliminate a potential rental home. Make sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
The best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match renters with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Aside from offering exceptional properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of similar properties that suit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Agreement
Read the whole agreement and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal fee, visitors will need to pay local taxes when renting "The Breeze-Perfect for couples, located in Wahab Village", along with various other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Remember to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any problems soon after you arrive. We also recommend promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a good source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental should really be in good condition. Sinks brimming with pots and pans, excessive sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Most rental property sites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing critiques. If something was unacceptable and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you will want to make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Did everybody have a good time? Maybe everything ended up being perfect and you're all set to re-book the same rental for your next vacation. If the rental home wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.7 miles