The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyPotters Place is located on a private road off of Lighthouse Road. It's named after Walter P. Garrish who grew up on the Island. This appealing, peaceful home has 2 bedrooms, two bathrooms and a classy open loft with a pyramid bed. It has two decks with the front being screened-in to savor breezy nights. It is a fairly new home and has been well kept over the years, with this being it's first year in a rental program. The kitchen is roomy and has all of the comforts to appreciate home-cooked meals. It has an outdoor shower directly under the home. It is pet amiable with a kennel to ensure that your family dogs and cats are kept safe while you are out relishing the Island!
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Oct 18 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2021 - Dec 31 2021 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties supply Ocracoke area discount catalogs which include money-saving deals, either offered individually by local companies, or by a partnership between the management company and the local business itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and coupon books, since this allows vacationers to enjoy those terrific activities with a typically substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to switch your dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for discounted rates. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are primarily suited for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity which you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about purchasing trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Information
You might be shocked to discover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Property management companies are well-liked by rental owners because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
Here are some tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
How to find and book the right rental home:
Before you book "Potter's Place-A short walk from the Ocracoke Lighthouse", go through our brief list of points to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rental properties start booking very early. Booking your rental property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of preparing for your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest will be much easier.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Rental home
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you should have. Be aware that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Check to make sure "Potter's Place-A short walk from the Ocracoke Lighthouse" works with your budget *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking an expensive rental home. A single individual in your group will have to be responsible for collecting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group trying to find? Do you simply desire a vacation home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers available and included in your rental property fee? Make a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Commonly the senior generation has challenges with stairs. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Make sure to include your pets. Animal friends are welcome at many rental properties, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
Several websites exist to match clients with rental home owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read Through The Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Good luck on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often times, surrounding households are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a little more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Many rental home management companies and rental websites permit travellers to give reviews. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you will want to note that in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. How did they like the rental home? We hope this guide steered you to a great rental unit. If the rental was not perfect, and you will better know how to improve your search next time.
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.2 miles
- Massage Therapy and Reiki - 0.2 miles
- B.W.'s Surf Shop - 0.2 miles