The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis brilliant and airy Ocracoke Island beach home offers a agreeable walk to Springer's Point Nature Preserve, the Ocracoke Lighthouse, and Silver Lake Harbor. Tucked away on a peaceful one way street, the Mary Fisher is the ideal getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Above the treetops, you can feel the winds as they blow through the many windows and across the pleasantly furbished screened in porch and outdoor space.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with two Twins. One bath with tub/shower, one with enormous soaking tub and a separate shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch, generous outdoor space and charcoal grille. Covered parking.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Parking is limited to 4 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Master bedroom with Queen and master bath with soaking tub and separate shower. Half bathroom. Laundry room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen and bedroom with two Twins. Hallway bathroom with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many rental owners and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel discount magazines that feature offers, either offered individually by vendors, or via a relationship between the property manager and the local merchant itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Wish to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or returning visitors to the same rental home. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular types of travellers. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to night life. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer clients an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Home Advice
Many people are shocked to discover how many vacation homes are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to fit their Ocracoke group, from relaxed condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and experience to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Searching for and booking the right rental:
Before you decide to book "Mary Fisher: Tucked away on a one-way street, near Springer's Point.", read through our brief collection of factors to consider.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Agreement can be tough among close relatives, but the moment this tricky part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Try to remember that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. If not, contact the property manager before you book.
Create a Budget
Does your selected rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a pricey rental home. Most rental agreements require a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your family searching for? Are you looking for a vacation property with outdoor kitchen? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are bed linens included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Sometimes the senior generation has trouble with staircases. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Do not forget to include your companion! Animal guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Searching the Internet
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local property management companies. In addition to having exclusive rental properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Your best opportunity for a lower rate is switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Agreement
Read through the whole contract and be sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Good luck on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many complications.
- Be considerate of the community. More often than not, nearby homes are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a little. Even when you're paying a housekeeping fee, The property should really be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with pots and pans, substantial beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be dealt with before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most rental management companies and rental websites allow renters to give comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you should make it a point in your comments.
Did they like the rental choice? We hope this guide steered you to a terrific vacation home. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience to help with the next search.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.1 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.2 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.3 miles