If you know where to look, the Outer Banks can be a beachcomber's paradise. With miles of shoreline to explore, hidden beaches that are relatively untouched, and literally piles of shells washing up on the beaches after a storm, shelling on the OBX beaches is simply a matter of timing and area expertise.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis Ocracoke Island holiday home is located in a residential setting on a dead-end street. Close to village, stores and local eateries. Unwind on the screened porch or the front decks.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 with Queen, 2 with two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and 2 DVDs. The kitchen offers a microwave (no dishwasher). Telephone. Washer and dryer. Iron and ironing board.
The exterior offers a screened porch, decks, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille, bicycle rack and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking.
No Dishwasher. No Family Animals Accepted. No Smoking. Limit of 2 cars.
This home does not give linens.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV, and semi-private bath with tub/shower (bedroom and hallway access).
Second Floor: Bedroom with Two Twin Beds, TV. Bedroom with Two Twin Beds. Hallway Bath with tub/shower.
Ground Level: Washer and dryer in ground level laundry shed.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send you promotional tourism guide books with special deals for rental homes, dining and attractions. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and coupon books, as this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same terrific attractions with a frequently considerable discounted.
- Is it possible to adjust your trip dates? The off-peak seasons generally offer phenomenal rates on daily rental accommodations.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat individuals of the same rental home. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular types of visitors. Event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to music venues. You will definitely get the best value from a rental that most closely satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer their customers the chance to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover just how many vacation homes can be found in Ocracoke. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and practical knowledge to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
We've constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental experience.
Finding and booking the best rental:
Before you book "Jack Stocks' Place: Bright and cheerful, centrally located.", read through our brief collection of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Agreement can often be difficult between family members, but once this challenging part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Select a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stick to a Budget
Confirm that "Jack Stocks' Place: Bright and cheerful, centrally located." fits your budget *during your desired week*. If several groups or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure that everyone understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What property features is the family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Will the unit need to be beach front, downtown, or near restaurants? Will the rental have bikes and body boards for use during your stay? Gather a list of "needs and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do certain people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the family visiting with a pet dog? Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Read your agreement carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
When the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the very best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local property management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive collection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything required. If lacking, the home management company may know of comparable properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard fee, guests will have to pay state taxes when booking "Jack Stocks' Place: Bright and cheerful, centrally located.", as well as various other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should disaster strike.
Book your Rental Property
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems when you arrive. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be valuable.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Contact your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the rental property to ensure that you've collected all personal belongings.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Many rental sites ask for comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but completely honest about your experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Does everybody want to re-book next year? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great vacation home. If the rental property was not perfect, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles