About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- No children allowed
Make this darling bungalow your home away from home, year after year! Located on Ocracoke’s Howard Street, the iconic sandy lane in the heart of the village historic district, Dicie’s House features 2 bedrooms with double beds, 1 full bath, a huge open living/dining room, entirely equipped kitchen, full linen service, laundry room, and outdoor shower. A enormous screened porch faces Howard Street, and the side yard includes a seating area covered with a wisteria laden arbor. This bungalow is unique on Howard Street, with many original interior features that will take you back in time with ambiance, but includes all essential amenities and conveniences. All of the spectacular downtown locations are a short walk away including the harbor front, eateries, stores and galleries. There is enough parking for two cars. Dicie’s House is limited to TWO PEOPLE, and is pet complimentary and smoke complimentary, smoking is allowed outside. Totally air conditioned and heated and available year round.
All guests of Dicie's House are STRONGLY encouraged to purchase cancellation insurance with your booking through Vacation Rental By Owner. Things happen, you want to be protected!
This property is offered by Premier Partner, Debbie Wells, who also manages three other Vacation Rental By Owner properties: The Studio, #332656, SoundHouse, #2203510 and CanalHouse #2760936. All cottages are personally managed and locally owned and operated and feature great locations, clean and functional interiors and competitive pricing. We hope to see you!
About the Area
Located in Ocracoke, this vacation home is by the sea. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Springer's Point Preserve and Ocracoke Beach, while Deepwater Theater and Ocracoke Preservation Museum are cultural highlights. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking and windsurfing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours and cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the optimal Ocracoke vacation rental experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- To find the best value, change your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and October offer great temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- In the Ocracoke area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked early. Booking your rental six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your family qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property managers typically offer guests an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel guide magazines which will include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Ocracoke visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Start by having your group commit to the best dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your group requires. Howard St, Sweet Vintage Cottage, For Couples. has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is often available on booking websites. If not, contact the property manager before reserving your home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to work out which bed configuration is best for your vacation group.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental.
- If your group is traveling with pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly rental. Ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Often, property owners charge additional pet fees.
More tips for your stay:
- Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- During check-in, note any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors disrupting your peace. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would've never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected everything. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent feedback to compel more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon Café - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Adventures - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles