The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis cute, peaceful bungalow offers smooth walking distance to village activities, stores, galleries and eateries. Stroll over to the coffee shop for your morning wake-up call or over to the library for a good rent to read in the hammock swing.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with Queen and 1 with Daybed with trundle (equaling 2 twins).
Conveniences include central AC/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 satellite TVs including a 40 inch in the living area, 3 DVD players, DVR, surround sound. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch with dining table, swing and hammock swing, rear outdoor space with picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench and bicycle rack.
Pet Helpful. No Smoking. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Living area with TV/DVD. Eat-in Kitchen. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD. Bedroom with Daybed with Trundle, TV/DVD. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you guides with promotions for rental properties, restaurants and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high pricing.
- Many rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat vacation goers to the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most anticipating ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer their customers the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to medical emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
Some people are shocked to discover how many vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. With such a big selection, guests are certain to select a vacation home that fits their expectations and spending plan.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in helping guests with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
Here are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Searching for and reserving the right vacation property:
Before you book "Ginny's Place: Pet Friendly, Screened porch, easy walk to village activities.", review our short list of points to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months before your vacation. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Consensus can often be challenging among close relatives, but once this tricky part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your family. Most rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Determine the cost for your desired stay. It may be at the top end of the range. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each person understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single individual in your family needs to be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the family interested in? Do you just desire a vacation rental with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental charge? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect home.
Do individual members of your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your companion! Pets are welcome at a number of vacation homes, but policies differ. Many restrictions might eliminate a potential vacation property. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
After the place, time and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company may know of comparable homes that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-season when many properties sit vacant.
Read the Total Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, visitors have to pay local taxes when booking "Ginny's Place: Pet Friendly, Screened porch, easy walk to village activities.", as well as any other fees which might be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a pet fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal hospital emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To assure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your findings.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Locals are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a visit a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a lttle bit. Despite the fact that you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in good condition. Sinks filled with dirty dishes, surplus beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should be remedied before you leave.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to confirm no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most rental management company sites ask for feedback after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. How did they like the property? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning will be quick. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles