The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAppreciate radiant vistas from this amazing Pet Chummy soundfront home. Landshark is located directly on Pamlico Sound. Unwind and relax, adore limitless vistas from the waterside interior or generously decorated outdoor space.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with Queen. Double Sleeper Couch in Living Area.
Landshark offers an open living area with cathedral ceilings and striking water vistas and a generously appointed game room including a pool table, shuffle board, foosball, poker, chess and checkers tables. The kitchen offers stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, dishwasher, microwave and two ovens. A separate dining area offers two dining tables with a view of Pamlico Sound.
Additional niceties include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and 1 DVD player. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille, fish cleaning bench and bulkhead with sea wall. A modest storage shed under the home is ideal for storing beach items.
No Smoking. Pet Helpful - Dogs Only. Limit of 4 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Open kitchen, breakfast bar, and living area with TV. Dining Room with TV. Game Room with TV. Bedroom with King bed. Bedroom with Queen bed. Double Sleeper Couch in living area. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Hallway Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed. Bath with shower stall.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send printed tourism guide books with savings for accommodations, dining and attractions. Be on the lookout for these publications and promotional books, since this allows vacationers to discover the very same attractions at a substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum pricing.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a specific activity you are most getting excited about during your stay? If there's a specific Ocracoke atteaction you simply love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
Newcomers tend to be shocked at the number and wide variety of short-term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to fit their Ocracoke group, from quiet condominiums to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and practical experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rentals, however many novices will be happy to know that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Finding and reserving the best rental home:
Before you book "Landshark: Dog friendly waterfront home, game room, sound views.", read through our brief collection of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest part of planning your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else is simplier and easier.
Choose a Size
Establish who is going, and just how many/what type of bedroom configuration you need to have. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
The majority of rental homes are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired week. It could be at the top end of the range. If several individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check that everybody understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Do you only want a property with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Create a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Remember to include your companion! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Study your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
Several internet resources exist to match clients with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local companies will have a unique selection of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Go Through The Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard rate, guests have to pay local taxes when booking "Landshark: Dog friendly waterfront home, game room, sound views.", along with various other fees which may be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental cost, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
When you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Be sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend storing the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the property. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Many rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everyone have a great time? With some luck everything was perfect and you are happy to reserve the property for next year. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience to aid with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.5 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.6 miles
- Dajio - 0.6 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.6 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.6 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.6 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.6 miles