The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAptly named, this canal front home in Oyster Creek accepts you to reflect on your alluring surroundings. Located canal front with magnificent marsh vistas. The master bedroom includes a sitting area with window seat overlooking the marsh. The master bath includes a soaking tub with marvelous vistas and a separate tiled shower. Retreat to the outdoors for time spent on the outdoor space or screened porch.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: First floor bedroom with Queen bed (no closet). First floor bathroom with shower stall. Second floor Master Bedroom with King bed and Master Bath with soaking tub with a view and a separate enormous shower stall.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 cable TVs and 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers private *modest boat dockage, bulkhead, a screened porch, balcony off the master bedroom, hot/cold outdoor shower, picnic table, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking
Fireplace is not available.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
*Boat dockage at this unit is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our neighborly staff will contact you.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed (no closet). Hallway bath with shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Open floor plan with Master Bedroom with King bed, TV/DVD, and Master Bath with soaking tub and separate shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus will send you promotional travel guide books with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide a good start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might travel? The off-peak seasons generally offer amazing rates on daily rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? A number of vacation rental companies offer discounts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some properties are particularly suited for specific types of visitors. Event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a consequence of health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and variety of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, clients are sure to discover a rental that matches their desires and spending plan.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage marketing, cleaning and maintenance.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most newcomers will be happy to discover that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental home:
Do you think "Reflections: Canal front home, beautiful marsh views." is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming visit? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke rentals start booking early. To ensure the very best choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke getaway 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer family vacations..
Select a Community and Date
Quite often, the most challenging part of preparing for your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simplier and easier.
How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Be aware that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
Make a Spending Limit
Make certain "Reflections: Canal front home, beautiful marsh views." works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a pricey rental. Typically, one person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Do you just desire a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are sheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do members of your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. Most rental listings include a list of amenities.
Don't forget to include your best friend! Dog guidelines are different at each rental property. Study descriptions carefully. Many limitations might eliminate a potential rental home. Study your agreement carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are included.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your easiest opportunity for a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, guests must pay state taxes when renting "Reflections: Canal front home, beautiful marsh views.", along with any other additional fees which might be required depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you find wear and tear, or if repairs are needed call the property manager without delay. This will protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip substantially more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice.
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for renters to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything was disagreeable and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you should make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they enjoy their vacation? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. If not, you've gained useful experience that can help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.5 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles