The Hatteras / Ocracoke ferry is one of the most popular of the seven coastal ferry routes that are orchestrated and managed by the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT.) Open for everyone, with daily runs that occur 365 days a year, the short 40-45 minute island-hopping ferry provides an integral link for Ocracoke Island to the rest of the Outer Banks, and provides visitors of all seasons with an exciting way to enjoy a coastal day trip. For a little bit of completely free entertainment, hop aboard via car, truck, bike or even just on foot, and discover a scenic boat ride that's just as thrilling as discovering the island of Ocracoke itself.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyOur recipe for the ideal Fried Ocra consists of one part Ocracoke, one part fun, one part sun, and one part leisure. Within walking distance to local eateries. Savor radiant marsh and pond vistas.
3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths: 2 Master Bedrooms each with King and private bath, 1 with two sets of Bunk Beds and den with Futon.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs and 3 DVD players. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The open floor plan of the second floor offers cathedral ceilings, ceiling fans, open kitchen with dishwasher, microwave and convenient breakfast bar. Washer and dryer. Iron and modest ironing board.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers two levels of decking offering various opportunities for outdoor recreation, a screened porch, decks, 2 outdoor dining tables, hot/cold outdoor shower and park style charcoal grille. Covered parking.
This is a 'green' home, the primary water source is natural rain water, which has been filtered and chlorinated, which could be limited during extreme drought conditions. Back-up system offers treated well water with a filtering, softener and chlorination system.
No Smoking. No Telephone. Limit of 4 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Master bedroom with King, TV, and Master bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with two sets of Bunk beds. Den with TV/DVD, and Queen Futon which shares a bath with tub/shower. Hallway Laundry Closet.
Second Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD/VCR. Master Bedroom with TV/DVD. Master Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most official tourism bureaus will send you printed guides with special offers for property management companies, dining and attractions. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to avoid the crowds of people? Off-peak times offer tremendous savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are basically designed to serve specific guests, whether it is oceanside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home which most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Management companies and individual property owners typically offer customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a consequence of health emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the number and wide variety of weekly properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners typically choose management companies to manage advertising, house cleaning services and regular maintenance.
We've put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Finding and booking the perfect vacation property:
Before you book "Fried Ocra: Pet friendly, marsh and pond views, decks, screened porch", review our brief checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Many households decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Choose a Village and Date
Consensus can be tough among loved ones, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will start to fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you need to have. Bear in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Check to make sure "Fried Ocra: Pet friendly, marsh and pond views, decks, screened porch" suits your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, always make sure each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. One member of your party will need to be given the task of gathering contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Rental Home Features
What home features is the family trying to find? Do you want a rental with outdoor lounge? Will the property need to be oceanfront, downtown, or near night life? Does the home have bikes and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Commonly the senior generation has challenges with staircases. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, factor that into your search. Almost all rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the gang travelling with a pet dog? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies can vary. A number of constraints could dismiss a prospective rental home. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a top-quality vacation experience.
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Entire Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should disaster strike.
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage right after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are required contact the home manager right away. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call eliminates many hassles.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to ensure you've gathered all valuables.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Virtually all rental home websites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If something was wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you will want to note that in your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? We hope this guide helped you find a great home away from home. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience that can help with the next search.
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.0 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.1 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.1 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.1 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.1 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.1 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles