The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Private Pool
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor an marvelous holiday on Ocracoke Island. 'Sun-Inspired' is a family amicable home offering an open living area, three sizable bedrooms, a game room with arcade b-ball system, a huge front outdoor space and marvelous rear screened porch. The generous yard includes a 12 x 24 saltwater pool, cavernous separate fenced area, ideal for your visiting pet. Sun-Inspired is located on Ocracoke's Back Road, offering convenient access to Silver Lake Harbor, eateries, unique stores and galleries and watersports.
In the morning, relish a cup of coffee on the screened porch or relax on the front outdoor space and watch the world go. Sun-Inspired is located on a uniquely enormous island unit.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with King, 1 with two Pyramid Beds (twin on top and double on bottom). One bath has a 2 person whirlpool tub.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat and ceiling fans. Wireless internet access. Four flat screen satellite TVs with DVRs. Living Room with 55 inch TV and Blu-Ray player, 1st floor Bedroom with 50 inch TV and Blu-Ray player, two 2nd floor Bedrooms each with 40 inch TV with Blu-Ray player. Netflix is available on all TVs. Nintendo Wii with games in twin bedroom. In the living area, a generous sectional couch seats 8-10 people.
Kitchen niceties include a microwave, dishwasher, wine refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee and a standard coffee maker. The dining table accommodates six people (plus additional outdoor dining). 2 person whirlpool tub in the first floor bathroom. Telephone with domestic long distance service. Washer/dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers an unheated saltwater pool, enormous front outdoor space and sizable and inviting 10' x 36' rear screened porch, outdoor dining table with seating for eight, huge front yard and rear yard, a separate rear fenced pet area with direct access from the screened porch, hot/cold outdoor shower, 4 hammocks, b-ball hoop, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*Pool is open April 11 - October 16, 2020.
No Smoking. Pet Affable. Parking for 4 cars.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Living area TV and open kitchen and dining area. Game room off dining area. Bedroom with King bed and TV. Hallway bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower stall. Laundry room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King bed with TV and bedroom with two Pyramid Beds (double on bottom and twin on top) with TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and rental properties provide Ocracoke area discount catalogs which feature offers, either offered independently by local companies, or via a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Just want to avoid the crowds of people and save money? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many vacation rental companies provide financial savings to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a special offer.
- Some vacation rentals are basically catered to particular travelers, whether it's soundside units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private jetski launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and locations you are most looking forward to.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to discover the number of vacation rentals are available in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an suitable retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke group, from quiet condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of rental properties in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide hassle-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rentals, however many newcomers will be happy to realize that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Before you start to book "Sun-Inspired: Pet friendly, saltwater pool, large yard, screened porch.", read through our short checklist of considerations.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation rentals book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. A lot of families plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Village and Time
Quite often, the most challenging portion of preparing for your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental property
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Remember that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Make a Budget
Confirm that "Sun-Inspired: Pet friendly, saltwater pool, large yard, screened porch." works with your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you want a rental home with patio lounge? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are extras like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property fee? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Do members of your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the gang traveling with a four-legged friend? Although a number of vacation homes allow canine companions, rules and charges fluctuate per property. Be sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies often times have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the property management company may know of very similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read Through The Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Rental home management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a result of personal health care emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage immediately after you arrive. If you find problems, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager right away. This can prevent conflicts during checkout.
- You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental home management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for renters to give reviews. If the property and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property wasn't as described, you will want to note that in your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everyone have a blast? Maybe everything was ideal and you're all set to re-book the same property for your next vacation. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Dajio - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.1 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles