The Southern Outer Banks, particularly Ocracoke Island, is notorious as the stomping grounds for some of history's most infamous pirates. Notable swashbucklers from Calico Jack to Anne Bonney and Mary Reed, arguably the most famous women pirates, have made a splash in this area, robbing privateers blind and making intricate, sneaky escapes in the inlets and soundside waters off of these barrier islands.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyTucked among the trees, this bungalow is located on Ocracoke's 'Back Road.' Readily located in walking distance to stores, library, Silver Lake Harbor and its neighbor, the Ocracoke Coffee Company.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with King and 1 with (1) Twin and a set of Bunk Beds. Full bath has tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fan, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Pack-n-Play.
The exterior offers 2 decks, 2 picnic tables, screened porch accessed from side yard, enclosed rear yard, hammock, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench (No Water). Covered parking. Double Kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be cheerful to assist.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Affable. Limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open living area with TV, dining and kitchen. Bedroom with King bed with TV and bedroom with Twin and Bunk bed and TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower. Hallway laundry closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties supply Ocracoke area discount magazines which include deals, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property manager and the itself. Be on the lookout for these guides and promotional books, as this allows visitors to experience those attractions at a often considerable discounted.
- Willing to change your travel dates? Shoulder seasons feature impressive deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for discount rates. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some rental homes are basically designed to serve specific clients, whether it's downtown rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity you simply love, search for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer guests the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to health related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
First-timers are often surprised at the range and wide range of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an optimum retreat to suit their Ocracoke family, from tranquil condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with property owners mainly because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
We have developed a short guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "Out On A Limb: Pet friendly on Back Road near the Coffee Co." is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Many households decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Decide on a Village and Date
Agreement can be tricky among loved ones, but the moment this complicated part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what type of bedroom configuration you'll need. Be mindful that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Most vacation home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Establish Your Budget
Check to make sure "Out On A Limb: Pet friendly on Back Road near the Coffee Co." works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a costly rental property. One individual in your party must be in charge of getting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
Rental Home Features
What home features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are sheet sets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Suitable access could make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your companion! Although a number of vacation rentals allow household pets, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. Be sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to having exceptional properties, local companies offer fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything required. If lacking, the home management company may know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Your easiest potential for a reduced rate is switching to an off-season week.
Read the Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
If you need to Cancel
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Rental management companies and rental owners typically offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
When everything seems correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This will protect against conflicts during checkout.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many headaches.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every room of the rental home to assure you've gathered all possessions.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Many rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to give feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Did they love their rental? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great home away from home. If the rental was not ideal, and you'll better know how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.1 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles