- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this Property'It's hard for me to put into words why I like the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, nearly like therapy...Beach Therapy' ~ --Amy Dykens
This inviting two bedroom, two bath bungalow offers a huge open kitchen, living and dining area with cathedral ceilings and access to either of the connected screened porches.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 Master Bedroom with Queen (private bath with shower/tub), 1 with two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet service, 3 cable TVs and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a front and rear outdoor space and two adjoining screened porches, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
No Smoking. Pet Amicable - Dogs Only (limit one dog). Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Living area with TV/DVD. Eat-in Kitchen. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Bath with shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with deals for property management companies, restaurants and tours. Be on the lookout for these guides and discount books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the same great activities with a often considerable discounted.
- Is it possible to alter your dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may qualify for cost savings. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a consequence of medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
Newcomers are often shocked at the number and selection of short-term rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
Below are great tips and tricks to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you believe "Beach Therapy: Dog friendly, spacious interior and screened porches." is the perfect rental for your upcoming trip? Read this checklist to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your vacation. Many families prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Agreement can often be complicated between members of the family, but once this challenging part is finished everything will start to drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Be mindful that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Most rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Establish Your Budget
Does the preferred rental property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to booking a costly rental property. A single individual in your party will have to be in charge of gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is your group interested in? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with open-air dining area? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Are linens included with the rental contract, or do you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your group to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Factors to consider
In some cases the older generation has problems with stairways. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Dog Needs a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your companion! Animals are welcome at many rental properties, but guidelines can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies frequently have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the property has everything you need. If lacking, the rental management company might know of very similar properties that suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Read through the Total Contract
Read through the complete agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Rental management companies and rental owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
As soon as you feel you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Remember that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any critical repairs.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Locals will be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check each room of the rental property to assure you've collected all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. Whenever possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit customers to provide reviews. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. Did they like the rental choice? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning will be relatively easy. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience that will help with your next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.5 miles