The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this Property'It's hard for me to put into words why I like the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, nearly like therapy...Beach Therapy' ~ --Amy Dykens
This appealing two bedroom, two bath bungalow offers a generous open kitchen, living and dining area with cathedral ceilings and access to either of the connected screened porches.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 Master Bedroom with Queen (private bath with shower/tub), 1 with two Double Beds.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet service, 3 cable TVs and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a front and rear outdoor space and two adjoining screened porches, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - Dogs Only (Limit One Dog - 40lb. Limit). No Telephone. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
What's New: Beach Therapy has a Saturday changeover day. 1 Queen Bed, 2 Double Beds.
Single story home: Living area with TV/DVD. Eat-in Kitchen. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with two Double Beds. Bath with shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send promotional tourism guides with special deals for lodging, dining and tours. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Willing to alter your travel dates? Off-peak times offer up substantive discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be able to get discounted rates. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular groups of guests. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to night life. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual home owners frequently offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn the number of rental properties are offered in Ocracoke. With such a big selection, guests are certain to come across a rental that matches their expectations and price range.
The majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the property owner..
We've constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental property:
Before you book "Beach Therapy: Dog friendly, spacious interior and screened porches.", review our brief checklist of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months before your vacation. Many households plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Agreement can be difficult between family members, but as soon as this difficult part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Try to remember that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the group. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Will your selected rental home fit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental home. A single member of your company will have to be given the task of getting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Would you like to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are linens included with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Special Issues to consider
Do people in your party have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of rental listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Are you or other individuals in the group visiting with a furry companion? Although quite a few rentals allow furry friends, guidelines and costs vary per rental. Type of animal, size and breeds can be limited. Make sure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies generally have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the rental home has everything that you need. If lacking, the home management company may know of very similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Read through the Entire Agreement
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal price, visitors will need to pay local taxes when renting "Beach Therapy: Dog friendly, spacious interior and screened porches.", along with any other additional fees which might be required depending on their situation, including a pet charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Remember to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed call the property manager right away. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be very helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call eliminates many problems.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Often, neighboring properties are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Ensure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental web sites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. How did they like the rental? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning will be simple and easy. If the rental property was not ideal, and you will better understand how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles