- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this Property'It's hard for me to put into words why I like the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, nearly like therapy...Beach Therapy' ~ --Amy Dykens
This calming two bedroom, two bath bungalow offers a cavernous open kitchen, living and dining area with cathedral ceilings and access to either of the connected screened porches.
2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 1 Master Bedroom with Queen (private bath with shower/tub), 1 with two Twins.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet service, 3 cable TVs and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a front and rear outdoor space and two adjoining screened porches, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - Dogs Only (limit one dog). Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Living area with TV/DVD. Eat-in Kitchen. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Master Bath with tub/shower. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Bath with shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties supply Ocracoke area promotional catalogs which feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by vendors, or by a relationship between the management company and the merchant itself. Be on the lookout for these books and promotional books, because this allows visitors to experience those great attractions at a substantial discounted.
- Desire to steer clear of the packed areas and spend less? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may qualify for discounted prices. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific experience that you are most anticipating during your stay? You'll receive the best value from a home which most directly suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual home owners generally offer customers the chance to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to find out how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to fit their Ocracoke gang, from tranquil condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners often select management companies to facilitate marketing, cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We've constructed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Beach Therapy: Dog friendly, spacious interior and screened porches.", review our short checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes start booking early. To assure the most desirable selection of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke vacation home Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Many groups decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select a Village and Date
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, everything else will be easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Most rental properties are advertised with a price range. Determine the rate for your desired stay. It could be at the top end of the range. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. One individual in your company must be given the task of collecting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your family searching for? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Do you want a vacation property with open-air lounge? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Make a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect property.
Proper accessibility can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other people in the family visiting with a pup? Animal friends are welcome at many rental homes, but policies differ. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies will often have a unique assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is most effective through the off-peak season when many homes sit empty.
Read the Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard price, guests must pay state taxes when renting "Beach Therapy: Dog friendly, spacious interior and screened porches.", along with any other fees which may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When you feel you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property right away. If you find problems, or if repairs are required call the rental manager straight away. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be useful.
- When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each room of the rental to be sure you've collected all belongings.
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Many property management companies and rental websites permit travellers to provide reviews. If your rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being understanding but honest with regards to your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to correct the problem.
Learn from your Experience
Did they feel about the property? Maybe everything was outstanding and you're excited to re-book the same property for next year. If not, you have gained valuable experience to aid with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.5 miles