The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis elegant reverse living Ocracoke Island holiday home includes some of the most spectacular unobstructed vistas of the distant sea and marsh Ocracoke has to offer. Adore the sizable, comfortable and airy second floor living and dining area with open kitchen, making this home ideal for family get-togethers. The well supplied and completely-supplied kitchen will delight the visiting chef. A first floor den and unique reading nook give peaceful getaways. This appealing and charmingly adorned home is certain to give fabulous holiday memories.
Sea View offers marvelous outdoor space including two cavernous and calming screened porches, a third floor lookout outdoor space and sun outdoor space all offering ample vistas. Unwind on the covered front porch. Start your day with beautiful sunrises enhanced by the natural surroundings at Sea View bungalow.
3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths: 2 Master Suites each with Queen, 1 with Queen and Double, den area with Queen Size Sleeper Couch. Whirlpool tub.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV service, 4 TVs and 2 DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
Exterior includes a hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and picnic table.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Den with Queen Sleeper Couch and TV. Bedroom with Queen and Double bed. Bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Master Bedroom with Queen bed, TV and Master Bath with shower stall. Reading nook and hallway laundry closet.
Second Floor: Open living area with TV, dining and kitchen. Bedroom with Queen bed and TV. Semi-private bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property owners and rental homes provide Ocracoke area promotional guides that feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Could you adjust your dates? Off-peak times provide substantive markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for promotions. Be sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a discount.
- Is there a certain experience that you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? If there's a specific Ocracoke atteaction that you just love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the number and variety of short term properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to locate a property that suits their wishes and spending plan.
Virtually all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners mainly because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
We've constructed a short guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
Where to find and book the right vacation home:
Do you believe "Sea View: Rooftop deck with spectacular views." is the best rental for your upcoming visit? Look over this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke vacation homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best selection of vacation homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer family vacations..
Select a Village and Date
Oftentimes, the toughest part of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be more straightforward.
How Many Beds?
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Keep in mind that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Does the preferred rental home suit your budget during that popular Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to reserving an expensive rental property. Most rental agreements call for a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental home with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Does the property have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Optimal access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
What About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Pet policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of constraints may eliminate a prospective rental property. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added.
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match clients with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering exclusive properties, local companies provide top-notch service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Read through the Total Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal rate, visitors have to pay state taxes when renting "Sea View: Rooftop deck with spectacular views.", as well as any other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental home rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary fixes. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Many times, adjacent residences are filled by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay considerably more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If something was unsatisfactory and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your review.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to go back? Hopefully everything was outstanding and you are all set to reserve the same rental for your next vacation. If not, you have acquired valuable experience to help with another search.
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles