- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind in one of the rockers or on the porch swing. Read or dream your hours away on the porches of this huge historic Ocracoke Island home. Located on a peaceful, dead-end lane in the heart of the village, this home is modernized while maintaining the original beauty of beadboard walls, doors and wood floor. A holiday at this home includes one off-site boat slip on Silver Lake Harbor.
6 Bedrooms, 3 Baths:
- The first floor offers 1 with Double Bed and full Bathroom with tub/shower accessed via the bedroom or rear hallway.
- The second floor offers: Off the main hallway, two individual Bedrooms, 1 with 2 Doubles, and 1 with Bunk which has a Full Bathroom with tub/shower and is accessed via this Bunk room plus offers outdoor space access.
- The second floor also offers 1 with King, 1 with Queen and 1 with Bunk Bed. These three Bedrooms are configured as a suite (accessed via the King Bedroom). These three Bedrooms share a full Bathroom with shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, six TVs including a 55' TV all with satellite. DVD player. The kitchen offers a dishwasher, microwave, commercial ice maker and a breakfast bar with sink offering additional work area for preparing enormous meals. Washer and dryer.
Fireplace is not available.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers numerous decks and porches, plenty of outdoor seating, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille, 2 picnic tables, outdoor space swing and a sizable yard.
Stroll down Miss Elecia Lane and a brief distance on the main road to your off-site Dock privileges on Silver Lake Harbor located roughly one block away near the Jolly Roger Restaurant. Limit of 1 Boat Please, this Dock is Shared.
No Smoking. Pet Neighborly - Dogs Only. Limit of 6 cars. No Telephone.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Living Room with TV, Kitchen, Office, One Bedroom with Double bed and Bath with Tub/Shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Bunk bed and TV. Bedroom with 2 Double beds and TV. Bedroom with King Bed and TV which provides access to two other bedrooms, one Bedroom with Bunk bed with TV and to a Bedroom with Queen Bed with TV. Bath with Shower Only.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many property management companies and vacation houses supply Ocracoke area travel discount magazines that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by merchants, or via a relationship between the property manager and the store itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to change your dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer incredible rates on weekly rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Several rental companies provide markdowns to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of vacationers. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Advice
Some people are surprised to discover how many properties are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently select management companies to facilitate internet marketing, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental experience.
Where to find and reserve the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "Miss Elecia Garrish Home: Dog friendly, centrally located. Dock.", go through our short collection of points to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, when possible. Many visitors prefer to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Decide on a Town and Time
Start by determining which specific area of Ocracoke you prefer to explore, and the determine trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you should have. Keep in mind that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Spend?
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving an expensive rental. Generally speaking, one member of the group will be responsible for making the full reservation and getting each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are sheets offered with the rental agreement, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority amenities to guide narrow your search.
Sometimes the elder generation has problems with staircases. Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Pets are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be restricted. Make certain to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
The best places to Search
When the location, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to find the best vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local agencies generally have a unique selection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the full contract and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Rental management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides comfort should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
Once you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Be sure to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also suggest immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any needed repairs. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will probably be helpful.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, adjacent residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- You should make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit customers to offer reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they love their rental? Maybe everything ended up being outstanding and you are happy to reserve the property for your next vacation. If not, you have acquired valuable experience to help with your next search.
- Dajio - 0.0 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles