The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnwind in one of the rockers or on the porch swing. Read or dream your hours away on the porches of this generous historic Ocracoke Island home. Located on a peaceful, dead-end lane in the heart of the village, this home is modernized while maintaining the original charisma of beadboard walls, doors and wood floor. A holiday at this home includes one off-site boat slip on Silver Lake Harbor.
6 Bedrooms, 3 Baths:
- The first floor offers 1 with Double Bed and full Bathroom with tub/shower accessed via the bedroom or rear hallway.
- The second floor offers: Off the main hallway, two individual Bedrooms, 1 with 2 Doubles, and 1 with Bunk which has a Full Bathroom with tub/shower and is accessed via this Bunk room plus offers outdoor space access.
- The second floor also offers 1 with King, 1 with Queen and 1 with Bunk Bed. These three Bedrooms are configured as a suite (accessed via the King Bedroom). These three Bedrooms share a full Bathroom with shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, six TVs including a 55' TV all with satellite. DVD player. The kitchen offers a dishwasher, microwave, commercial ice maker and a breakfast bar with sink offering additional work area for preparing sizable meals. Washer and dryer.
Fireplace is not available.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers numerous decks and porches, plenty of outdoor seating, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille, 2 picnic tables, outdoor space swing and a huge yard.
Stroll down Miss Elecia Lane and a brief distance on the main road to your off-site Dock privileges on Silver Lake Harbor located roughly one block away near the Jolly Roger Restaurant. Limit of 1 Boat Please, this Dock is Shared.
No Smoking. Pet Amicable - Dogs Only. Limit of 6 cars. No Telephone.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Living Room with TV, Kitchen, Office, One Bedroom with Double bed and Bath with Tub/Shower. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Bunk bed and TV. Bedroom with 2 Double beds and TV. Bedroom with King Bed and TV which provides access to two other bedrooms, one Bedroom with Bunk bed with TV and to a Bedroom with Queen Bed with TV. Bath with Shower Only.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus supply printed guide books with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? The off-peak seasons will offer you phenomenal rates on rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of management companies provide price savings to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific experience that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You will definitely get the most value from a home which most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual property owners frequently offer their guests an option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to learn how many properties are available in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an perfect getaway to suit their Ocracoke group, from tranquil condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in helping families with booking, check-in, house cleaning, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Do you think "Miss Elecia Garrish Home: Dog friendly, centrally located. Dock." is the best rental home for your next getaway? Read through this check list to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental homes start booking very early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of a trip. A lot of groups plan to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Community and Time
Sometimes, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is deciding where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be much easier.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you'll need. Remember that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is suitable for your company. Most rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Spending Limit
Check to make sure "Miss Elecia Garrish Home: Dog friendly, centrally located. Dock." satisfies your price range *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure everybody understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be responsible for the full reservation.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is the group looking for? Are you looking for a vacation property with open-air kitchen? Does the property need to be beach front, downtown, or in close proximity to restaurants? Are mattress sheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Proper access can make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but policies can vary. Be sure you study agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
Several websites exist to match guests with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Your greatest opportunity for a reduced rate will be changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Get Contact Details
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. Call the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be incredibly helpful.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Call your home manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Be respectful of the neighborhood. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a good source of recommendations.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to confirm you've collected all valuables.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Just about all rental home management companies and rental home sites permit travellers to offer feedback. If your rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you may want to note that as part of your review.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did everyone have a good time? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning is going to be simple and easy. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable experience that will help with your next search.
- Dajio - 0.0 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles