- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyTucked in a century old grove of live oaks with Spanish moss, this traditional low-country beach home has a modern southwestern interior. Serene canal location. Breathtaking neighboring salt marsh view, shared dock, bulkhead, fish cleaning bench and enormous rear yard.
Professionally designed and adorned, with double height ceiling in living room and cathedral ceilings everywhere. Separate bed and bath wings - ideal for sizable group or 2 families. Two generous screened porches including one readily located off the delightful country kitchen.
Southern Comfort is an amazingly private unit despite having neighbors across the street. Tucked away in a residential neighborhood, at the very end of the road. To one side, appreciate the privacy offered by the adjoining neighbor’s bounteous private unit and Southern Comfort's treed back yard.
4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with two Twins, 1 with two sets of Bunk Beds. One bath has a whirlpool tub.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 TVs, including one retractable 47 inch Intelligent TV in the great room. With the ease of a remote control, you can stow away the great room TV to relish unobstructed marsh vistas. Three DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers shared *boat dockage, bulkhead, two screened porches, outdoor space swing, a hot/cold outdoor shower w/view and gas grille. Kayak access including a kayak step launch is located at the rear bulkheaded canal. Tandem kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be thrilled to assist.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Welcoming. Limit 3 cars. Shared Dockage for 2 boats.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
*Boat dockage at this unit is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our neighborly staff will contact you.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Two bedrooms, each with a Queen bed, TV/DVD. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Bedroom with two Bunk beds. Bath with tub/shower. Bath with whirlpool tub.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you printed tourism guide books with special offers for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. Search for these publications and discount books, since this allows vacation goers to discover the same wonderful activities at a quite often significantly discounted.
- Willing to alter your trip week? Shoulder seasons offer terrific opportunities.
- Are you a military veteran? Many management companies provide concessions to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? You will definitely get the most value from a home which most thoroughly suits your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Consider investing in trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are surprised to learn how many vacation homes are offered in their area of interest. With such a big selection, clients are sure to select a vacation home which fits their wishes and spending budget.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping families with booking, checking-in, housekeeping, and any routine maintenance problems that may arise.
We've put together a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental home experience.
Where to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Before you book "Southern Comfort: Tucked among live oaks, amazing salt marsh views.", read through our brief collection of considerations.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental properties start booking early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your trip. Many groups choose to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Select your Town and Travel Week
Start by choosing which specific area of Ocracoke you would like to explore, and the determine travel dates.
How Many Bedrooms?
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Be mindful that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is suitable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Create a Spending Limit
Make sure that "Southern Comfort: Tucked among live oaks, amazing salt marsh views." satisfies your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before booking an expensive rental property. In most cases, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What amenities is your family trying to find? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Do you want a vacation property with patio kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Build a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
Do members of your crew have specialized needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animal guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many restrictions may possibly dismiss a potential rental property. Study your contract carefully! Fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match guests with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often times have a unique assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-peak season when many rentals sit empty.
Study the Entire Contract
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
If you want to Cancel
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Be sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any critical repairs.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the rental to ensure that you've gathered all belongings.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. If it is possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Nearly all rental sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but straightforward with regards to rental experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to correct the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? Hopefully this guide helped you find a terrific rental. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with your next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.5 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.6 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.6 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.5 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.5 miles