- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
About this PropertyOnce you arrive by ferry to this enchanted island you’ll feel as if time has found a way to stop! And once you step into Periwinkle you won’t want to leave.
Visiting Ocracoke is an experience in itself, the cozy village packed with things to see and things to do won’t disappoint. And to make it the ideal dream holiday you have to stay here! This duplex home is ideal for both a modest family or a bigger group. Each unit offers two bedrooms AND two baths so even modest groups will appreciate plenty of privacy. Traveling with friends? Ideal choice! You can relish tons of time together and be able to slip into your own unit in the evening for that personal family time. And with the convenient location and included niceties there is always something for everybody to do. Each unit is lovingly cared for with thoroughly supplied kitchens, peaceful linens and plenty of seeing. You won’t have to rent or bring all that equipment either, at Periwinkle it’s all here! Kayaks, bicycles, beach chairs, stroller, cornhole, horseshoes, and more are all waiting for you to start the fun as soon as you arrive! So, get ready for down time and tons of fun.
Each unit mirrors the other with 1 queen bed in each room and a private bath, kitchen and dining rooms combined with plenty of seating and all you need for family meals together. You’ll adore the peaceful location just mins. from the sound or the beach and since you’re right in the heart of the village you can walk to shopping, eateries and all that Ocracoke has to offer. Need a little down time? Unwind in the cloistered and peaceful yard, complete with Adirondack chairs, picnic table and grille
So, don’t wait, this gorgeous duplex home books fast! Rent or call today and start dreaming of a holiday you won’t soon forget!
See what our visitors are saying:
''We categorically savored our stay at Periwinkle 1 at Ocracoke Island. The duplex was ideal for my family of 3 plus 2 fur babies. Everything was very tidy and appealing. The kitchen was well supplied and had everything we needed. We were located in a peaceful neighborhood made up of year round residents and rental units. We were very close to eateries and stores, which could be conveniently accessed via a brief walk or bicycle ride. We chose to rent a golf cart for the week which I would highly recommend for others. It was very elegant to get out multiple times a day to check out the happenings on the island. Another classy additional were the bicycles/kayaks that were supplied with this rental, which we were able to use. Ocracoke is a unique holiday in itself. Very casual, alluring, and non commercialized, with amenities that you adore on holiday such as many, delicious dining options, live music most every nighttime, cute shopping options, local arts/crafts, etc. We will be back!''
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus offer promotional guides with promotions for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are your vacation dates changeable? Off-peak times provide considerable deals.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or returning visitors of the same rental home. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a specific activity that you are mainly anticipating ? You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a result of health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to find out how many rental homes are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to fit their Ocracoke crew, from relaxing condos to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the property owner..
Below are some tips and tricks to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the right vacation rental:
Before you decide to book "2 bed, 2 bath with open decks, Ocracoke Village", review our short checklist of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke vacation homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months before your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental home..
Decide on a Village and Time
Oftentimes, the toughest part of preparing for your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be easier.
Select a Size
Establish who is traveling, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you need to have. Be aware that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Decide on Your Budget
Does the chosen rental suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking an expensive rental. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be responsible for the full reservation.
Make a List of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What property features is the group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental home with patio kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the unit have bicycles and body boards available throughout your stay? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Suitable accessibility could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Are you or other individuals in the gang visiting with a furry friend? Animal policies are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. A number of limitations could dismiss a prospective rental. Ensure that you read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Its Time to Search
Once the location, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies generally have a unique selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation home has everything that you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that fit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each property. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Many times, nearby households are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every room of the rental home to make sure you've collected all personal belongings.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure no property damage occurred during your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Just about all property management companies and rental search sites allow travellers to offer comments. If the rental home and/or property manager was top-notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental was not as described, you may want to note that in your review.
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? Maybe everything turned out to be exceptional and you're all set to reserve the rental home for next season. Maybe the rental home wasn't ideal, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles