The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
About this PropertyOnce you arrive by ferry to this enchanted island you’ll feel as if time has found a way to stop! And once you step into Periwinkle you won’t want to leave.
Visiting Ocracoke is an experience in itself, the whimsical village packed with things to see and things to do won’t disappoint. And to make it the ideal dream holiday you have to stay here! This duplex home is ideal for both a modest family or a bigger group. Each unit offers two bedrooms AND two baths so even modest groups will relish plenty of privacy. Traveling with friends? Ideal choice! You can savor tons of time together and be able to slip into your own unit in the evening for that personal family time. And with the convenient location and included amenities there is always something for everybody to do. Each unit is lovingly cared for with thoroughly supplied kitchens, inviting linens and plenty of seeing. You won’t have to rent or bring all that equipment either, at Periwinkle it’s all here! Kayaks, bicycles, beach chairs, stroller, cornhole, horseshoes, and more are all waiting for you to start the fun as soon as you arrive! So, get ready for down time and tons of fun.
Each unit mirrors the other with 1 queen bed in each room and a private bath, kitchen and dining rooms combined with plenty of seating and all you need for family meals together. You’ll appreciate the peaceful location just mins. from the sound or the beach and since you’re right in the heart of the village you can walk to shopping, eateries and all that Ocracoke has to offer. Need a little down time? Unwind in the cloistered and peaceful yard, complete with Adirondack chairs, picnic table and grille
So, don’t wait, this alluring duplex home books fast! Rent or call today and start dreaming of a holiday you won’t soon forget!
See what our visitors are saying:
''We precisely adored our stay at Periwinkle 1 at Ocracoke Island. The duplex was ideal for my family of 3 plus 2 fur babies. Everything was very tidy and appealing. The kitchen was well supplied and had everything we needed. We were located in a peaceful neighborhood made up of year round residents and rental units. We were very close to eateries and stores, which could be conveniently accessed via a brief walk or bicycle ride. We chose to rent a golf cart for the week which I would highly recommend for others. It was very dazzling to get out multiple times a day to check out the happenings on the island. Another appealing additional were the bicycles/kayaks that were supplied with this rental, which we were able to use. Ocracoke is a unique holiday in itself. Very casual, charming, and non commercialized, with luxuries that you value on holiday such as many, delicious dining options, live music most every nighttime, cute shopping options, local arts/crafts, etc. We will be back!''
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many management companies and rental homes supply Ocracoke area travel books which include money-saving coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the vendor itself. These guides may provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Are the trip dates flexible? Shoulder seasons special offer phenomenal discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for financial savings. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a special offer.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of vacationers. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and sight-seeing opportunities you are most excited about.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners often offer clients the chance to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed a result of personal medical emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Newcomers tend to be surprised at the range and wide range of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect retreat to fit their Ocracoke family, from quiet condos to large event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by rental owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
We've developed a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the right rental:
Do you think "Quaint Cottage in the Heart of Ocracoke Village" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Read this guide to confirm it fits your needs.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rental homes start booking very early. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to your vacation. A lot of groups plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick a Community and Date
Agreement can be tough among family members, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Decide on a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the group. Most vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Make sure that "Quaint Cottage in the Heart of Ocracoke Village" suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or families are sharing the cost, make certain each group knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most of the time, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your group searching for? Do you simply desire a home with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are bed linens included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Suitable access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Most property listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your pets. Even though quite a few rental homes permit pets, rules and charges vary per property. Make sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match clients with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read Through The Agreement
Read through the entire contract and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Rental home management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should disaster strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary fixes. This can protect against conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many complications.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to verify no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Many rental property websites seek feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for positive reviews. If something was unsatisfactory and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to note that as part of your comments.
Did everybody have a blast? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning is going to be painless. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience that can help with the next search.
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles