- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
About this PropertyOnce you arrive by ferry to this enchanted island you’ll feel as if time has found a way to stop! And once you step into Periwinkle you won’t want to leave.
Visiting Ocracoke is an experience in itself, the whimsical village packed with things to see and things to do won’t disappoint. And to make it the ideal dream holiday you have to stay here! This duplex home is ideal for both a modest family or a bigger group. Each unit offers two bedrooms AND two baths so even modest groups will appreciate plenty of privacy. Traveling with friends? Ideal choice! You can savor tons of time together and be able to slip into your own unit in the evening for that personal family time. And with the convenient location and included niceties there is always something for everybody to do. Each unit is lovingly cared for with completely supplied kitchens, calming linens and plenty of seeing. You won’t have to rent or bring all that equipment either, at Periwinkle it’s all here! Kayaks, bicycles and beach equipment are all waiting for you to start the fun as soon as you arrive! So, get ready for down time and tons of fun.
Each unit mirrors the other with 1 queen bed in each room and a private bath, kitchen and dining rooms combined with plenty of seating and all you need for family meals together. You’ll appreciate the peaceful location just mins. from the sound or the beach and since you’re right in the heart of the village you can walk to shopping, eateries and all that Ocracoke has to offer. Need a little down time? Unwind in the cloistered and peaceful yard, complete with Adirondack chairs, picnic table and grille
So, don’t wait, this gorgeous duplex home books fast! Rent or call today and start dreaming of a holiday you won’t soon forget!
See what our visitors are saying:
''We precisely savored our stay at Periwinkle 1 at Ocracoke Island. The duplex was ideal for my family of 3 plus 2 fur babies. Everything was very tidy and inviting. The kitchen was well outfitted and had everything we needed. We were located in a peaceful neighborhood made up of year round residents and rental units. We were very close to eateries and stores, which could be conveniently accessed via a brief walk or bicycle ride. We chose to rent a golf cart for the week which I would highly recommend for others. It was very delightful to get out multiple times a day to check out the happenings on the island. Another elegant additional were the bicycles/kayaks that were supplied with this rental, which we were able to use. Ocracoke is a unique holiday in itself. Very casual, appealing, and non commercialized, with comforts that you value on holiday such as many, delicious dining options, live music most every nighttime, cute shopping options, local arts/crafts, etc. We will be back!''
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation homes provide Ocracoke area travel guides that feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or via a partnership between the management company and the local store itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are your trip dates flexible? Off-peak times offer up remarkable discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies provide discounts to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are primarily suited for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some rentals cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity you simply love, search for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual property owners generally offer their clients an opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to find out how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to come across a vacation home that fits their wishes and budget.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with owners because they coordinate the promotion and operations..
Here are some tips and methods to help you understand the vacation home search and reservation process.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Before you start to book "RATES REDUCED 2 bed, 2 bath, PET FRIENDLY, Bikes & kayaks included", read through our short checklist of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Choose a Community and Time
Start by choosing which specific area of Ocracoke you prefer to explore, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your party. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
The majority of rentals are advertised with a cost range. Determine the cost for your preferred trip. It could be at the high end of the range. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, ensure each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. A single individual in your party will have to be in charge of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is your group searching for? Do you just desire a home with a pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the property need to be beach front, downtown, or in close proximity to shopping? Does the unit have bicycles and body boards for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Make sure you include your companion! Even though quite a few vacation rentals permit family pets, guidelines and costs fluctuate per property. Type of pet, size and breeds can be limited. Study your contract very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
Several websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many rentals sit empty.
Go Through The Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
If you wish to Cancel
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Remember to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a bit. Although you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The rental really needs to be in good condition. Sinks brimming with dishes, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied prior to leaving.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Virtually all rental property web sites ask for testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but genuine with regards to your experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Did they love their rental? If everything was exceptional, next year's vacation planning will be relatively easy. If not, you have acquired useful experience to aid with the next search.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles