- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyOnce you arrive by ferry to this enchanted island you’ll feel as if time has found a way to stop! And once you step into Periwinkle you won’t want to leave.
Visiting Ocracoke is an experience in itself, the cozy village packed with things to see and things to do won’t disappoint. And to make it the ideal dream holiday you have to stay here! This duplex home is ideal for both a modest family or a bigger group. Each unit offers two bedrooms AND two baths so even modest groups will adore plenty of privacy. Traveling with friends? Ideal choice! You can savor tons of time together and be able to slip into your own unit in the evening for that personal family time. And with the convenient location and included niceties there is always something for everybody to do. Each unit is lovingly cared for with entirely supplied kitchens, inviting linens and plenty of seeing. You won’t have to rent or bring all that equipment either, at Periwinkle it’s all here! Kayaks, bicycles and beach equipment are all waiting for you to start the fun as soon as you arrive! So, get ready for down time and tons of fun.
Each unit mirrors the other with 1 queen bed in each room and a private bath, kitchen and dining rooms combined with plenty of seating and all you need for family meals together. You’ll adore the peaceful location just mins. from the sound or the beach and since you’re right in the heart of the village you can walk to shopping, eateries and all that Ocracoke has to offer. Need a little down time? Unwind in the cloistered and peaceful yard, complete with Adirondack chairs, picnic table and grille
So, don’t wait, this enchanting duplex home books fast! Rent or call today and start dreaming of a holiday you won’t soon forget!
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus supply travel guides with special deals for accommodations, restaurants and tours. These guides may provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Prefer to steer clear of the crowds of people and cut costs? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer amazing rates on daily rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of rental companies offer special discounts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular groups of visitors. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to nightlife. You will definitely get the most value from a home that most directly matches your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Consider investing in trip insurance with your rental contract. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the range and wide selection of weekly rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they coordinate the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
How to find and reserve the right vacation home:
Do you think "2 bed, 2 bath, PET FRIENDLY, Bikes & kayaks included" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming vacation? Look over this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Like many renowned vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked early. To guarantee the best selection of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke getaway Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation home..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Sometimes, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is choosing where to go, and when. After the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes simpler.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Be aware that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Most vacation rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the cost for your desired week. It could be at the top end of the range. If a few groups or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most of the time, a single member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and getting each person's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental property charge? Create a list of priority conveniences to help filter your search.
Appropriate access could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your furry family members. While quite a few vacation rentals permit pets or animals, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Read your contract carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local agencies frequently have a unique assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything that you need. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular price, guests will need to pay state taxes when booking "2 bed, 2 bath, PET FRIENDLY, Bikes & kayaks included", as well as any other additional fees which may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation home management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should disaster strike.
Reserve your Vacation Property
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Information
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any property damage right after you arrive. If you discover damages, or if repairs are needed call the home manager straight away.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a bit. Even when you're having to pay a cleaning fee, The vacation home really should be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow customers to offer reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. How did they feel about the rental home? Maybe everything was perfect and you are excited to reserve the rental for your next vacation. Maybe the rental wasn't quite right, and you'll better recognize how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles