- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyOnce you arrive by ferry to this enchanted island you’ll feel as if time has found a way to stop! And once you step into Periwinkle you won’t want to leave.
Visiting Ocracoke is an experience in itself, the whimsical village packed with things to see and things to do won’t disappoint. And to make it the ideal dream holiday you have to stay here! This duplex home is ideal for both a modest family or a bigger group. Each unit offers two bedrooms AND two baths so even modest groups will adore plenty of privacy. Traveling with friends? Ideal choice! You can appreciate tons of time together and be able to slip into your own unit in the evening for that personal family time. And with the convenient location and included luxuries there is always something for everybody to do. Each unit is lovingly cared for with completely supplied kitchens, comfortable linens and plenty of seeing. You won’t have to rent or bring all that equipment either, at Periwinkle it’s all here! Kayaks, bicycles, stroller, beach chairs, cornholes, and more beach equipment are all waiting for you to start the fun as soon as you arrive! So, get ready for down time and tons of fun.
Each unit mirrors the other with 1 queen bed in each room and a private bath, kitchen and dining rooms combined with plenty of seating and all you need for family meals together. You’ll adore the peaceful location just mins. from the sound or the beach and since you’re right in the heart of the village you can walk to shopping, eateries and all that Ocracoke has to offer. Need a little down time? Unwind in the cloistered and peaceful yard, complete with Adirondack chairs, picnic table and grille
So, don’t wait, this pretty duplex home books fast! Rent or call today and start dreaming of a holiday you won’t soon forget!
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus will offer you printed travel guide books with special offers for vacation rentals, dining and tours. Be on the lookout for these guides and discount books, because this allows travelers to experience the same terrific activities with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-peak times provide sizable deals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for discounts. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific types of vacationers. Event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to night life. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed due to personal health emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to learn how many rental homes are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke group, from restful condos to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Searching for and booking the right vacation property:
Before you book "2 Bedroom Cottage in the Heart of Ocracoke Village", examine our brief checklist of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned destinations, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Decide on a Community and Time
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else is more straightforward.
Exactly How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your company. Most rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will your favorite vacation property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving a costly rental property. One individual in your party must be responsible for getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family looking for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Do you want to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Does the unit have bikes and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, include that into your search. The majority of rental postings include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your furry family members. Pets are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines differ. Many limitations may possibly dismiss a prospective vacation property. Make certain you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *before* you book!
Searching the Internet
A number of internet resources exist to match clients with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local rental management companies. Apart from offering exclusive properties, local agencies provide you with fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything required. If lacking, the home management company might know of very similar properties that fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many properties sit empty.
Go Through The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular rate, visitors will have to pay state taxes when renting "2 Bedroom Cottage in the Heart of Ocracoke Village", in addition to various other fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. Vacation rental management companies and home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
After you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Be sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages immediately after you arrive. If you discover damage, or if fixes are required contact the rental manager without delay. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If the property and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but straightforward in regards to your stay. Top owners and managers will work hard to solve the issue.
Hold a debrief with your family. Did they love their vacation? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning is going to be painless. Maybe the property wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next time.
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles