- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyOnce you arrive by ferry to this enchanted island you’ll feel as if time has found a way to stop! And once you step into Periwinkle you won’t want to leave.
Visiting Ocracoke is an experience in itself, the whimsical village packed with things to see and things to do won’t disappoint. And to make it the ideal dream holiday you have to stay here! This duplex home is ideal for both a modest family or a bigger group. Each unit offers two bedrooms AND two baths so even modest groups will appreciate plenty of privacy. Traveling with friends? Ideal choice! You can savor tons of time together and be able to slip into your own unit in the evening for that personal family time. And with the convenient location and included amenities there is always something for everybody to do. Each unit is lovingly cared for with entirely supplied kitchens, calming linens and plenty of seeing. You won’t have to rent or bring all that equipment either, at Periwinkle it’s all here! Kayaks, bicycles and beach equipment are all waiting for you to start the fun as soon as you arrive! So, get ready for down time and tons of fun.
Each unit mirrors the other with 1 queen bed in each room and a private bath, kitchen and dining rooms combined with plenty of seating and all you need for family meals together. You’ll adore the peaceful location just mins. from the sound or the beach and since you’re right in the heart of the village you can walk to shopping, eateries and all that Ocracoke has to offer. Need a little down time? Unwind in the cloistered and peaceful yard, complete with Adirondack chairs, picnic table and grille
So, don’t wait, this handsome duplex home books fast! Rent or call today and start dreaming of a holiday you won’t soon forget!
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus supply guides with savings for vacation rentals, restaurants and activities. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Just want to stay away from crowds of people and save cash? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive deals.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of management companies provide markdowns to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are basically catered to particular travelers, whether it is beachfront rentals with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners frequently offer their clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a consequence of health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are sometimes surprised at the number and wide range of daily, weekly and monthly rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they manage the online marketing and operations..
We've assembled a short guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
Finding and reserving the perfect rental:
Before you decide to book "RATES REDUCED! 2 bed, 2 bath, PET FRIENDLY, Bikes & kayaks included", read through our short list of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke rentals start booking very early. To assure the very best choice of vacation homes, we advise searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home 6-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Many groups plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Begin by picking which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to browse, and the choose trip dates.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Vacation rental
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that a lot of homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Decide on Your Budget
Most vacation rentals are marketed with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your preferred stay. It could be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking an expensive rental property. One member of your group will need to be in charge of gathering contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental price at time of reservation.
What amenities is your family searching for? Do you primarily desire a property with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Are mattress sheets offered with the rental, or will you need to take your own? Build a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Adequate access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Nearly all rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other people in the party travelling with a dog or cat? Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines can vary. Type of animal, size and breeds could be limited. Make sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read The Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Property management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Don't forget to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make sure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Often, surrounding residences are occupied by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to offer feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward with regards to rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the issue.
Does everyone want to re-book next year? Maybe everything ended up being ideal and you are excited to re-book the rental for next year. Otherwise, you've acquired valuable rental search experience that can help with your next search.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles