- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
About this PropertyWelcome doggies and humans! Unwind and relish your “pause” in this comfortable island home located at the end of a sandy lane. Tucked among the cedars, it provides an ideal charming hideaway for couples or modest families. Updated open floor plan, local art and wood floors are featured, and most attractive of all; you don’t have to leave your choice friend at home! *Limit of 2 dogs
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Oct 19 2019 - Dec 31 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus offer printed guide books with special packages for property management companies, dining and attractions. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Just want to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons offer impressive promotions.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat vacationers to the same rental. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some rentals are basically designed to serve particular travelers, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a home that most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gasoline.
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
You may be surprised to discover just how many rental properties are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to find a rental home that fits their expectations and price range.
Nearly all rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are critical in assisting guests with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping services, and any maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rentals, however many beginners will be delighted to know that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should look.
Finding and booking the perfect vacation property:
Do you believe "Sandy Pause ( 2-Bedroom Home )" is the best vacation property for your upcoming visit? Look over this check list to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Often
Like many popular vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked early. Reserving your rental property 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental home..
Choose a Village and Date
Begin by deciding which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to explore, and the choose trip dates.
Exactly How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
How many family members are joining your vacation? Be aware that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Commit to a Budget
Will your preferred rental home suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make certain each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Generally, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each family member's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is your family searching for? Do you want a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental property rate? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect rental.
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, factor that into your search. Most property listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the group travelling with a pet? Although a number of rentals allow family pets, guidelines and charges vary per rental. A number of limitations may possibly dismiss a potential rental. Make sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies often times have an exclusive collection of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Your greatest chance of a reduced rate will be changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular price, guests have to pay state taxes when renting "Sandy Pause ( 2-Bedroom Home )", as well as various other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their situation, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
As soon as you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Get Contact Information
Be sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any critical fixes. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be useful.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call helps prevent many problems.
- Be considerate of the community. Natives will be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a little bit. Even though you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks full of dishes, surplus beach sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be taken care of before you leave.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Many property management companies and rental websites allow customers to provide comments. If the property and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but genuine in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the issue.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the members of your group. Did everybody have a good time? We hope this guide helped you find a great rental home. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles