The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
About this PropertyLocated in the Sunset Village Neighborhood behind the Ocracoke Coffee Shop. This bungalow is convenient for walking and cycling to stores and eateries. After a day at the beach relax and relax on the big screened porch this bungalow offers.
You are going to exactly adore staying at this professionally-managed, holiday rental unit. It is the ideal fit for anyone looking to stay at this destination, and we know you are going to have a great time. Let us know if there is anything more we can do. Please be sure to leave a review!
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Jan 05 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Many tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with special deals for rental homes, dining and activities. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Shoulder seasons provide fantastic discounts.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer discounts for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or returning vacation goers to the same rental. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of travellers. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to night life. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Rental companies and individual home owners generally offer clients an opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel.
General Vacation Rental Advice
First-timers tend to be surprised at the range and selection of short term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Nearly all rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in assisting guests with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping services, and any routine service problems that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most beginners will be happy to learn that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Before you book "Quaint island cottage with large screened porch.", review our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Settle on your Place and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be tricky between family members, but as soon as this complicated part is complete everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Try to remember that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "Quaint island cottage with large screened porch." satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before booking a costly rental home. Normally, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Does the property need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to shopping? Does the unit have bikes and beach toys available for use during your stay? Build a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do certain members of your party have specific needs? Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure you include your best friend! Pet policies are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of limitations may possibly dismiss a potential rental. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Start the Search
After the location, time and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Besides offering exceptional properties, local agencies offer you excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best chance for a reduced rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the entire contract and be certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Be sure to be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are required get in touch with the home manager straight away.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. Often, adjacent properties are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a visit significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to make certain you've collected all belongings.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Many rental home management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you should make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
How did they feel about the rental? If everything was wonderful, next year's trip planning will be quick. If not, you have acquired useful experience to aid with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.0 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles