The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis cozy bungalow is handily located on Back Road a brief distance from the harbor, stores and eateries. Maude's is just down the street from the Ocracoke Coffee House and practically across the street from Zillie’s Wine and Beer Pantry. Relish and relax on the open front porch, having morning coffee or inviting after a day at the beach. Constructed and owned by a native Ocracoke family this is a great home for a modest family or group of 4 on a budget. Animals are welcome.
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Dec 06 2019 - Dec 31 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2020 - Apr 17 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Apr 18 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guide books with deals for lodging, dining and activities. These guides may provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Able to change your trip week? The off-peak seasons will offer amazing rates on weekly rentals.
- Several property management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning travelers of the same rental home. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve specific customers, whether it is soundside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual home owners commonly offer clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the range and wide variety of short-term rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to locate a rental home which fits their wishes and spending plan.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide hassle-free operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be happy to discover that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
Searching for and booking the best rental:
Before you book "Newly renovated pet friendly cottage located within walking distance of harbor.", examine our brief collection of points to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Like many desirable hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked very early. To assure the greatest choice of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke rental 6-12 months in advance, whenever possible. A lot of families decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Consensus can often be complicated between family members, but once this difficult part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
How Many Bedrooms?
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you should have. Keep in mind that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the company. Most rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Make certain "Newly renovated pet friendly cottage located within walking distance of harbor." suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to reserving a pricey rental property. One member of your group will need to be given the task of collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of reservation.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is the group searching for? Do you just want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included in your rental home charge? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do individual people in your group have specialized needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Think About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at many rentals, but policies can vary. A number of constraints may dismiss a potential vacation property. Examine your contract very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
The best places to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies typically have a unique collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of very similar homes that suit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. The off-season offers your best chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Agreement
Read through the complete contract and be certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy before reserving. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental home right away. Call the property manager right away to report your observations.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Frequently, neighboring homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a trip substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many rental home web sites request feedback after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing critiques. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was fantastic, next year's trip planning is going to be relatively easy. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience that will help with the next search.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.0 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles