The Outer Banks is rich in history, from the early explorers who first set foot on its shores 400 years ago to the groundbreaking first flight that launched modern aviation. Every community has a story and a resonant heritage, and as a result, the Outer Banks is home to a number of locally and nationally renowned museums honoring the area's unique stories, culture and landmarks.
About this PropertyThis Mexican inspired Ocracoke holiday home offers a reverse floor plan including a peaceful living area located in the breezy treetops. In addition to the terracotta-tiled upper level, a furbished screened in porch accepts for additional calming outdoor living. Painted in cheerful warm colors and adorned with both South American wood furnishings, unique Mexican art and handpainted porcelain sinks, the decor alone will make you feel as though you have combined two though in one.
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Jan 01 2020 - Apr 17 2020 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
Apr 18 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus supply promotional travel guide books with promotions for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. Look for these guides and coupon books, since this allows visitors to enjoy those fantastic activities at a typically considerable discounted.
- Wish to avoid the crowds? Off-peak times offer remarkable discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may qualify for price reductions. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Some properties are essentially catered to particular guests, whether it is downtown units with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the most value from a home that most closely suits your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to learn just how many rental homes are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available makes it possible to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke group, from calm condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, technology and experience to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you understand the rental home search and reservation process.
How to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Beach Burrito ( 3 Bedroom home )", review our short list of considerations.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the most desirable selection of properties, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke getaway Six-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Many groups decide to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can often be challenging among family, but once this challenging part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
Pick a Size
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Budget
Most rentals are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. A single individual in your company must be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental price at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the family looking for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with patio lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental charge? Make a list of priority amenities to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Sometimes the senior generation has problems with staircases. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Remember to include your pets. Even though many vacation homes allow animals, rules and charges vary per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Study your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
It Is Time to Search
As soon as the location, time and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local companies usually have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company may know of very similar homes that suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Agreement
Read the whole agreement and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard charge, travelers will need to pay local taxes when renting "Beach Burrito ( 3 Bedroom home )", as well as various other additional fees that may be required depending on their situation, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Vacation Property
When you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any damages when you arrive. Contact the property manager immediately to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Be respectful of the community. Residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of suggestions.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many rental home websites seek testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything went wrong, we advise being pleasant but honest with regards to rental experience. The best property owners and managers will try hard to fix the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did they like the rental home? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. If not, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience to help with your next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles