- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyLocated down a peaceful lane on Mark’s Path this home offers an open floor plan, modern luxuries, two enormous screened porches and a sizable yard. Comfortably located in the center of the village within walking distance of the harbor, stores, eateries and other attractions. Unwind on the front porch among the oak trees with your morning coffee or just relax after a day at the beach. The back porch offers a marsh view with occasional sightings of blue herons and egrets. If you appreciate a casual ambience in a peaceful neighborhood with close access to what Ocracoke Village has to offer this is the home for you.
Family Animals are welcome. (Limit 2)
Linens are not supplied..
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
May 15 2019 - May 24 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
May 25 2019 - May 31 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jun 01 2019 - Jun 07 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jun 08 2019 - Aug 09 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 10 2019 - Aug 16 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 17 2019 - Aug 30 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 31 2019 - Oct 18 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Oct 19 2019 - Dec 31 2019 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send guides with special packages for rental homes, restaurants and tours. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies offer discounts to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rental homes are basically designed to serve particular visitors, whether it is beachfront units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and locations you are most interested in.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer customers the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed due to medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to come across a rental which matches their expectations and price range.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be happy to learn that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Do you believe "All Aboard ( 3-Bedroom Home )" is the perfect rental property for your next family vacation? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the most desirable choice of homes, we recommend searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Select a Village and Date
Quite often, the toughest part of scheduling your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, the rest is much easier.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental
Establish who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you will need. Be mindful that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "All Aboard ( 3-Bedroom Home )" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking an expensive vacation property. A single individual in your party will need to be in charge of gathering repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Are you looking for a rental with open-air dining area? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Frequently the senior generation has trouble with stairways. Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a furry companion? Although many vacation rentals allow canine companions, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
After the area, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides having exceptional properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
When you've identified your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
If you must Cancel
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard rental home price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
Once you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager right away. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites permit travellers to give comments. If the property and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the property was not as described, you'll want to note that as part of your comments.
Did everyone have a blast? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Dajio - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.2 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.0 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.2 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.3 miles