- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyCapture the spirit of summer and make lasting memories in this canal front home! The reverse floor plan accepts you to take full advantage of the vistas on the water. Two of the downstairs bedrooms open into the lower outdoor space. From the rooftop outdoor space youll capture vistas of the Pamlico Sound as well as the Ocracoke Lighthouse. The canal front dock accepts painless water access to the Sound for any outdoor enthusiast. Tastefully furbished and well maintained, the home will certainly give you a dose of Good Medicine!
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Jan 07 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property owners and rental houses provide Ocracoke area travel books that feature promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or through a relationship between the property manager and the itself. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience those wonderful attractions at a generally significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your dates? Off-peak times offer substantive markdowns.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly longing for ? If there's a particular Ocracoke activity you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer clients an option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be surprised to discover just how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a big selection, renters are certain to discover a vacation home that fits their expectations and spending plan.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and practical experience to provide painless operational management on behalf of the property owner..
We've assembled a short guide to help you get the most from your rental property experience.
How to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Before you decide to book "Canal front home with reverse floor plan and expansive views.", go through our short list of considerations.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation home..
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Ocracoke you'd like to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your group. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Will the preferred rental property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before reserving a costly vacation property. Most rental contracts require a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Would you like to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are mattress sheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to take your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Often times the elder generation has challenges with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all rental home postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the group traveling with a dog or cat? Although many vacation rentals permit furry friends, guidelines and costs vary per property. Make sure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read the full contract and be certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you comfort should disaster strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
Once you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. Remember that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the property owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also suggest immediately getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any required fixes. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- You could need guidance for a fireplace, TV or spa. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction.
- Don't forget to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a lttle bit. Although you're paying a cleaning fee, The vacation rental should be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, substantial beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be remedied prior to leaving.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many rental home management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but sincere with regards to your experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to correct the issue.
Learn from your Stay
How did they like the vacation rental? Maybe everything turned out to be ideal and you are ready to reserve the property for your next vacation. If the rental property was not quite right, and you will better recognize how to filter your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.4 miles