Every vacation destination has its own unique draw to potential visitors, whether it's a national monument, a fantastic shopping or dining scene, or an exotic locale that's meant for total relaxation. Many newcomers to the Outer Banks are surprised to learn that this destination has all of these attributes and more, and it can be hard to narrow down the overflowing list of "must-sees" or "must-dos" that have to be squeezed into a 1-2 week OBX vacation.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyCrab Shack is a cozy Ocracoke bungalow thoroughly refurbished and located in the Sunset Village neighborhood. It is convenient to the Ocracoke Coffee Shop, galleries and eateries. This bungalow offers a generous sunroom with additional dining space and sitting area.
You are going to definitely adore staying at this professionally-managed, holiday rental unit. It is the ideal fit for anyone looking to stay at this destination, and we know you are going to have a great time. Let us know if there is anything more we can do. Please be sure to leave a review!
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Sep 25 2020 - Oct 16 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Oct 17 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2021 - Dec 31 2021 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many rental managers and rental houses provide Ocracoke area promotional travel books that feature promotions, either offered individually by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates changeable? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for cost savings. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some rental properties are practically catered to particular travelers, whether it is oceanside units with pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most thoroughly suits your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer clients an option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a result of health emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the range and wide range of weekly properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to find a rental home that matches their wishes and price range.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many beginners will be delighted to discover that many of these "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Finding and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "Crab Shack- Quaint Ocracoke cottage.", review our brief list of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To ensure the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Quite often, the hardest portion of scheduling your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be simpler.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Determine who is going, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Be mindful that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, speak to the property owner before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Does your selected rental fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking an expensive rental property. In most cases, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and getting each family member's share.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is your group looking for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental property with open-air kitchen? Will the unit need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or near night life? Are bed sheets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to bring your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Do some people in your party have special needs? Be sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the group travelling with a pup? Animal friends are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but guidelines differ. Read your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
After the area, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Go Through The Contract
Read the entire contract and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure that you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
As soon as you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover problems, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager without delay. This will prevent disputes during check out.
- If there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Virtually all rental property websites request feedback after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but genuine regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Does everyone want to return next year? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. Otherwise, you have gained valuable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.3 miles