The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyUnpack and relax in this enormous and inviting home off the beaten path, located at the end of a peaceful dead end street. Let your sand dune dreams begin as you relax on one of the two outdoor decks listening to Ocracokes symphony of cicadas and frogs; or, adore one of the indoor living areas adorned with beach water colors. This home is the ideal place to recharge for your next beach day. Dune Dreamer offers you tons of space and sleeping options.
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Mar 07 2020 - Apr 17 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Apr 18 2020 - May 22 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
May 23 2020 - May 29 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
May 30 2020 - Jun 05 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jun 06 2020 - Aug 07 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 08 2020 - Aug 14 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 15 2020 - Aug 28 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Aug 29 2020 - Oct 16 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Oct 17 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2021 - Dec 31 2021 : Saturday check-in mandatory. Saturday check-out mandatory.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes supply Ocracoke area travel discount books which feature offers, either offered individually by local companies, or by a relationship between the property management company and the local merchant itself. Search for these books and discount books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of the same terrific activities at a typically substantial discounted.
- In a position to alter your trip week? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many rental companies offer financial savings to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your travelling group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific types of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to music venues. If there's a particular Ocracoke activity which you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a result of health emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to discover how many rental homes are offered in Ocracoke. With such a big selection, renters are certain to find a vacation home that fits their expectations and spending budget.
Nearly all vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Here are some tips and tricks to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "Dune Dreamer-Relaxing spacious and comfortable home off the beaten path", read through our short collection of points to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Ocracoke vacation homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and booking your Ocracoke rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for families to plot their Summer escapes..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the hardest portion of preparing for your vacation is deciding where to go, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes more straightforward.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Establish who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Bear in mind that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Decide on Your Budget
The majority of vacation rentals are advertised with a cost range. Determine the cost for your desired stay. It may be at the top end of the range. If a few groups or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure everybody knows their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. One member of your party needs to be responsible for collecting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the family searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental property payment? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Proper accessibility could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Almost all vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a domestic pet? Pets are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies can vary. Type of animal, size and dog breeds can be limited. Read your contract very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Apart from having exclusive rental properties, local agencies offer top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest potential for a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Contract
You will want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental home rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover damage, or if fixes are required contact the property manager right away. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Please be respectful of the community. Residents frequently live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips.
- Make certain to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Clean up a bit. Regardless of whether you're paying a cleaning fee, The rental should really be in good shape. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be remedied prior to leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Virtually all rental management company web sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but straightforward with regards to your experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to rectify the issue.
Learn and Improve
Does everybody want to go back? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic vacation home. If not, you have acquired useful experience that can help with your next search.
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.6 miles