The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- DVD Player
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAppealingly finished island home, furbished with everything you need for a calming holiday. Lots of outdoor space, including a sizable screened porch, sun outdoor space and covered area under the home.
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Dec 07 2019 - Dec 31 2019 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
- Many rental managers and vacation rental properties provide Ocracoke area promotional travel guides which feature money-saving promotions, either offered individually by local companies, or via a partnership between the property management company and the store itself. Be on the lookout for these guides and discount books, since this allows vacationers to take advantage of those fantastic attractions with a frequently significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you might take a trip? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you great rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many property management companies offer unique discounts to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Is there a specific experience that you are most anticipating during your stay? If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual home owners generally offer guests the opportunity to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
The Rental Process
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many rental properties are available at your destination. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of rentals in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental home, management companies are instrumental in assisting vacationers with booking, check-in, house cleaning, and any maintenance issues that may arise.
Here are some ideas and tactics to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
How to find and book the best rental home:
Do you think "Beautifully decorated island home." is the best rental property for your next trip? Read through this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many trendy destinations, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of your trip. Holiday reunions can be a great time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Consensus can often be difficult among family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will begin to slide in place.
Pick a Size
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Keep in mind that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Spend?
The majority of rental homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the cost for your preferred week. It may be at the high end of the range. Make certain to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to reserving a costly rental. Generally speaking, a single member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and getting each person's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a pool mandatory?Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor kitchen? Would you like to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards for use during your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
In some cases the senior generation has challenges with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Almost all rental home postings include a list of amenities.
What About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your companion! Although many rental homes allow animals, rules and costs vary per rental. A number of restrictions could eliminate a potential rental home. Read your contract very carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start your Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. In addition to offering exclusive rental properties, local companies offer outstanding service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit empty.
Read the Total Agreement
Read the full agreement and make sure you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular charge, vacationers have to pay state taxes when renting "Beautifully decorated island home.", as well as any other fees which may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Rental home management companies and individual home owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
Once you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Be sure to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are linked to your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager immediately to report your observations. This will prevent conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call avoids many headaches.
- Please be considerate of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Double-check every space of the rental home to ensure you've packed all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to offer comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but genuine with regards to your rental experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to correct the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your family. How did they feel about the vacation rental? If everything was amazing, next year's vacation planning is going to be quick. Otherwise, you have gained useful rental search experience to aid with another search.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.3 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.3 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles