- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyGorgeously furbished island home, furbished with everything you need for a peaceful holiday. Lots of outdoor space, including a huge screened porch, sun outdoor space and covered area under the home.
Linens are not included..
Please note these Check-in Day Requirements for this unit:
Sep 24 2019 - Oct 19 2019 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
Oct 20 2019 - Dec 31 2019 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
Jan 01 2020 - Dec 31 2020 : Sunday check-in mandatory. Sunday check-out mandatory.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties supply Ocracoke area discount catalogs that feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or via a relationship between the management company and the local itself. Look for these magazines and discount books, as this allows travelers to enjoy the same fantastic activities at a possibly considerable discounted.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak prices.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer price savings to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discount.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific types of visitors. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other properties are situated close to music venues. You'll get the best value from a rental that most closely suits your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Management companies and individual home owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed resulting from personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be surprised to find out how many rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke group, from tranquil condos to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Owners typically select management companies to manage advertising campaigns, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
We've put together a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation property experience.
Finding and reserving the best rental home:
Do you think "Wavecrest" is the best rental home for your upcoming getaway? Read through this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Start by choosing which particular area of Ocracoke you'd like to explore, and the approximate trip dates.
Choose a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Remember that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Will your chosen rental home suit your budget during that choice Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving an expensive rental. Normally, a single member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and getting each person's share.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What amenities is the family trying to find? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental with outdoor kitchen? Will the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are items like beach chairs, barbecue grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property rate? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Proper access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other people in the crew visiting with a pup? Even though a number of vacation rentals permit household pets, rules and charges vary per rental. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Examine your agreement very carefully! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
When the area, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the property management company might know of very similar properties that better suit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. This is more effective through the off-season when many rental homes sit vacant.
Study the Agreement
Read through the whole agreement and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Ensure that you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Property management companies and rental owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Help
Be sure you get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To make certain no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Be considerate of the local community. Residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a visit a good deal more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental property to make sure you've packed all personal belongings.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Most rental sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable reviews. If something was unacceptable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you should note that in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. How did they feel about the property? Hopefully everything turned out to be exceptional and you're all set to reserve the property for next year. Maybe the rental property was not perfect, and you will better recognize how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.4 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.6 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.6 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.7 miles