- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
About this PropertyThis modest, appealing and thrifty bungalow is the ideal answer to a family neighborly holiday on Ocracoke. Once offered as a fishing bungalow, it is now modernized while maintaining its original grace. Located near the Ocracoke Lighthouse, Caswell Williams is within walking distance of Silver Lake Harbor and the Springer's Point Nature Preserve.
For bigger families or friends, the James Williams Cottage is effortlessly located right next door.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: Each bedroom with a double bed. Bath with shower only.
Conveniences include an air conditioning unit in the living room and one bedroom, heat, ceiling fans, cable TVs. The kitchen offers a microwave.
*This home does not give linens.
The exterior offers a modest screened porch. Shared hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench with water and lighting.
No Dishwasher. NO WASHER. NO DRYER. No internet Access. No Telephone.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit 2 cars.
Mini Holidays of less than a week (3 nighttime minimum) are welcomed and may be booked at any time.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. Bedroom with Double bed with TV. Second bedroom with Double bed. Bathroom with shower stall. Entry screened porch.
WHAT’S NEW: Mini Holidays of less than a week (3 nighttime minimum) are welcomed and may be booked at any time. No Linens Supplied.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus will send promotional tourism guide books with deals for rental properties, dining and tours. Look for these publications and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of the very same wonderful activities with a possibly considerable discounted.
- Is it possible to adjust your trip dates? Shoulder seasons provide terrific opportunities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be eligible for discount rates. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some rental homes are practically catered to particular travelers, whether it's downtown rentals with pier passes, city-center homes with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. You'll get the best value from a rental which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their clients the option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Information
First-timers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide selection of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation homes available allows them to find an perfect retreat to suit their Ocracoke crew, from calm condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property owners typically choose management companies to assist with marketing, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and techniques to help you navigate the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the best vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Caswell Williams: Small, cozy and affordable cottage near Lighthouse.", read through our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many desirable hot spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation homes are booked very early. To ensure the most desirable selection of rental homes, we advise searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Many households decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Agreement can be tricky between family members, but as soon as this tricky part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
How Many Beds?
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you will need. Be mindful that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for your family. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Make a Budget
Make certain "Caswell Williams: Small, cozy and affordable cottage near Lighthouse." works with your price range *during your desired week*. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts require a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
What home features is the family interested in? Are you looking for a rental property with outside lounge? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental home charge? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Appropriate access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Don't forget to include your companion! Although a number of vacation homes permit pets, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Many restrictions may possibly dismiss a prospective rental property. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Where to Search
When the place, dates and people are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local agencies often times have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Agreement
Read the full contract and make sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you'd like to Cancel
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Get Contact Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. We also suggest promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any required fixes.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Residents frequently live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a vacation a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to make certain that you've collected all valuables.
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damages. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Nearly all rental management company web sites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they enjoy their vacation? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic rental unit. If the property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next time.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Dajio - 0.5 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Springer's Point - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Woccocon Nursery and Gifts - 0.0 miles
- Pamlico Gifts - 0.0 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.2 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.4 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.4 miles