- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMorning Star is the quintessential beach bungalow; constructed in the 1930's, and completely referbished and redone in 2004, this home seamlessly blends the old with the new. Morning Star has three bedrooms with two bedrooms having a queen and twin and the master bedroom having a king bed. There are two full baths each with a tub/shower. Other luxuries include complimentary wireless internet, central air conditioning, three TVs, phone, wireless internet, audio system/CD player, DVD, dishwasher, washer and dryer, outdoor shower, and gas grille. Relish early morning coffee on the front porch or huge back outdoor space and dinner on the screened porch. When you want to venture out, this home is readily located within walking distance to all island stores and eateries. Docking for one boat is available upon request. Morning Star sleeps up to eight people.
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most official tourism bureaus supply promotional guide books with special offers for rental homes, restaurants and attractions. Look for these guides and coupon books, because this allows visitors to discover those activities with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few rental companies provide rate reductions to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling group is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to nightlife. If there's a particular Ocracoke activity that you just love, look for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners often offer their customers the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed a result of health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to learn how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an ideal retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke family, from relaxed condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by property owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
We've put together a short guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation property experience.
Where to find and reserve a great rental home:
Do you believe "Beautifully Restored Island Home Nestled Among Live Oaks " is the perfect rental home for your next trip? Read this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes start booking early. To guarantee the greatest selection of rental homes, we advise searching and booking your Ocracoke rental Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Find your Spot and Determine Dates
Oftentimes, the hardest part of planning your vacation is deciding on where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are resolved, the rest will be much easier.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Vacation rental
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you'll need. Keep in mind that most homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Pay?
Confirm that "Beautifully Restored Island Home Nestled Among Live Oaks " suits your price range *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group searching for? Is a swimming pool mandatory?Do you want a rental with open-air dining area? Are you more enthusiastic about a natural landscape or night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental fee? Gather a list of "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Special Factors to consider
Appropriate accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure to include your pets. Although many vacation rentals permit pets, guidelines and costs vary per rental. Many limitations may dismiss a potential rental property. Make sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Its Time to Search
After the place, time and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies will have a unique assortment of rental properties daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try getting an additional night. This is most effective throughout the off-peak season when many rentals sit empty.
Read Through The Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular fee, visitors have to pay local taxes when booking "Beautifully Restored Island Home Nestled Among Live Oaks ", along with any other fees which may be mandatory based upon their situation, including an animal fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides relief should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When you think you've identified "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also recommend immediately phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many problems.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Local people will be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay much more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to make sure that you've collected all valuables.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many vacation rental sites seek comments after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable reviews. If something went wrong and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
Did they enjoy their rental? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning will be simple and easy. Maybe the rental was not perfect, and you'll better understand how to filter your search for the next time.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.3 miles