Once you have your coastal recreational fishing license in hand, it’s time to start thinking about gear. Anglers will find tons of options when it comes to equipment for casting into the surf, from custom designed rods and reels at local tackle shops, to name brand varieties that are designed for multiple areas along the coastline. Here are just a few of the most popular gear options for surf fishermen. Keep in mind that there are endless options available, and your local bait and tackle store staff will be happy to point you in the right direction if you have any questions about what you’ll need for successful surf fishing in any given area along the North Carolina coastline.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
About this PropertyOnce used by local fisherman as a net home, this completely refurbished Ocracoke Island holiday bungalow, listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, is in a peaceful area near Pamlico Sound. Also within walking distance of harbor, stores, and eateries.
One Bedroom bungalow with Queen bed. 1 Bath (shower only).
Conveniences include wall unit A/C and heat, kitchen/living area w/ceiling fan, wireless internet access, cable TV and DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave, stove top and huge toaster/convection oven for your holiday meal preparation.
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille, picnic table and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Dishwasher. NO WASHER. NO DRYER. No Telephone.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Parking for 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open floor plan with living area and efficiency kitchen with breakfast bar. Living area has a TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bath with shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many management companies and rental homes provide Ocracoke area travel discount guides which feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the property manager and the store itself. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are you able to move your dates? Shoulder seasons offer phenomenal opportunities.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Some management companies offer discounted rates to veterans and active-duty forces. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular groups of guests. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to night life. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and interesting attractions you are most excited about.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer customers an option to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed a result of health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are shocked to learn the number of rental properties can be found in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Ocracoke family, from peaceful condos to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Owners often choose management companies to facilitate web advertising, house cleaning services and repairs and maintenance.
Below are some tips and strategies to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
How to find and book a great vacation home:
Before you start to book "The Net House: Quaint Restored Cottage Once a Net House", examine our short list of points to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rental homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. To guarantee the most desirable choice of vacation rentals, we suggest searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Many households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the hardest portion of organizing your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, everything else is easier.
How Many Beds?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Most rental properties are marketed with a price range. Determine the rate for your preferred trip. It could be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones before booking a pricey rental. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is your family trying to find? Do you want a rental with open-air lounge? Do you desire to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are bedsheets included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Special Factors to consider
Adequate access could make or break a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Be sure to include your best friend! Dog guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of limitations could dismiss a potential rental home. Ensure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Start your Search
As soon as the area, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources for the best vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local property management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation rental has everything required. If it is something is missing, the rental management company might know of comparable homes that suit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try getting an additional night. Your best potential for a reduced rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quoted fee includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Property management companies and individual home owners typically offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs between 1% - 5% of the standard rental home rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To ensure that no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also suggest promptly phoning the property manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any needed repairs.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip significantly more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most vacation rental web sites request comments after your stay . Rental owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental home wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
How did they feel about the rental choice? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning is going to be easy. Maybe the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better know how to refine your search next time.
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.3 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.3 miles