The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor an island holiday in this Pet Welcoming, Ocracoke Island home that is effortlessly located within walking distance of coffee stores, eateries and the gym. The first floor includes an open living area, dining area, kitchen with breakfast bar, and a half bathroom. Appreciate a screened porch leading from the living area and an additional outdoor space off the kitchen. The King Bedroom offers a private sundeck. The Queen Bedroom offers a balcony. Vaulted ceilings in both bedrooms give a marvelous, open, airy feeling. The full bath offers a walk-in rain shower (no tub).
2 bedrooms: 1 with King, 1 with Queen. 1 Bathroom with walk-in shower. Half Bath.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and two DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Stackable washer dryer.
All That Jazz is a single family home. It does not share any interior walls and offers it's own private entrance.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers its own yard, screened porch, three decks, ground level entry outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fenced dog run.
No Smoking. Pet Helpful - Dogs Only (min. 1 Dog). min. 4 people, including children. No Telephone. Limit 2 cars.
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2020: Dog Chummy. min. One Dog Accepted.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Half Bath. Screened porch. Open front outdoor space.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King Bed, TV and outdoor space access. Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV and balcony access. Shared Bath with walk-in rain shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many management companies and vacation rental properties provide Ocracoke area promotional guides which feature deals, either offered independently by vendors, or via a relationship between the property manager and the store itself. Keep an eye out for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows vacationers to enjoy the very same terrific attractions at a generally substantial discounted.
- In a position to alter your travel dates? Shoulder seasons feature fantastic offers.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Military, or returning travelers of the same property. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some properties are basically catered to particular clients, whether it is soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own kiteboarding launching areas. You will definitely get the most value from a rental that most closely satisfies your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Give thought to obtaining trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed a result of personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Advice
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and variety of short-term rental properties available in the Ocracoke area. With such a big selection, guests are sure to find a property that suits their expectations and spending budget.
The majority of rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in helping vacationers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be delighted to know that several "tricks" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Where to find and reserve the perfect rental home:
Before you decide to book "All That Jazz: Dog friendly, walking distance to the coffee shop.", examine our brief collection of considerations.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental homes start booking very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Agreement can often be difficult between members of the family, but once this complicated part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Most rental listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Make a Budget
Does your preferred rental property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, confirm that each party understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. One individual in your party must be given the task of collecting payments and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Do individual members of your party have special needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Do not forget to include your companion! Although a number of vacation homes allow household pets, rules and fees vary per rental. Examine your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the rental home management company may know of comparable properties that fit your preferences and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season stay, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal hospital emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Book your Rental
As soon as you think you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please be respectful of the community. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the home for left-behind items. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Most rental home web sites ask for comments after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but genuine regarding your stay. Top owners and managers will work hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Stay
How did they feel about the property? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic rental unit. Maybe the property wasn't quite right, and you'll better know how to perfect your search for the next vacation.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles