- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAppreciate an island holiday in this Pet Amicable, Ocracoke Island home that is comfortably located within walking distance of coffee stores, eateries and the gym. The first floor includes an open living area, dining area, kitchen with breakfast bar, and a half bathroom. Relish a screened porch leading from the living area and an additional outdoor space off the kitchen. The King Bedroom offers a private sundeck. The Queen Bedroom offers a balcony. Vaulted ceilings in both bedrooms give a phenomenal, open, airy feeling. The full bath offers a walk-in rain shower (no tub).
2 bedrooms: 1 with King, 1 with Queen. 1 Bathroom with walk-in shower. Half Bath.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and two DVD players. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Stackable washer dryer.
All That Jazz is a single family home. It does not share any interior walls and offers it's own private entrance.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers its own yard, screened porch, three decks, ground level entry outdoor space, hot/cold outdoor shower, charcoal grille and fenced dog run.
No Smoking. Pet Chummy - Dogs Only (min. 1 Dog in 2020). min. 4 people, including children. No Telephone. Limit 2 cars.
WHAT'S NEW FOR 2020: Dog Welcoming. min. One Dog Accepted.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
*WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019: 1 King Bed, 1 Queen Bed. Linens Included and Beds Made for Arrival. Bath and Kitchen Renovations. Bath offers a walk-in rain shower (no tub).
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Half Bath. Screened porch. Open front outdoor space.
Second Floor: Bedroom with King Bed, TV and outdoor space access. Bedroom with Queen Bed, TV and balcony access. Shared Bath with walk-in rain shower. Laundry Closet.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send guide books with special deals for rental properties, dining and activities. Be on the lookout for these catalogs and coupon books, since this allows visitors to enjoy those fantastic attractions with a typically significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to change your dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top prices.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or repeat guests to the same property. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to particular customers, whether it's oceanside units with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with close access to night life or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. You'll get the most value from a home which most closely satisfies your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their clients the opportunity to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover how many rentals are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rentals, however most beginners will be happy to know that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
How to find and reserve the perfect rental property:
Before you start to book "All That Jazz: Dog friendly, walking distance to the coffee shop.", read through our brief collection of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. A lot of groups prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Select your Town and Travel Week
Quite often, the hardest part of organizing your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, the rest becomes easier.
Just How Much Vacation rental Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Most vacation home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Spend?
Will the chosen rental home suit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking a costly rental property. A single member of your company needs to be given the task of collecting repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Let's Talk Amenities
What amenities is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Does the unit have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Make a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Special Issues to consider
Frequently the senior generation has problems with stairways. Be sure to remember and ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Be sure to include your companion! Even though many rental homes allow furry friends, guidelines and charges vary per rental. Make sure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
As soon as the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental properties" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies will often have a unique selection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
When you have located your dream rental, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an extra night. Your best chance for a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular price, travelers have to pay local taxes when renting "All That Jazz: Dog friendly, walking distance to the coffee shop.", in addition to any other fees which may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental Home
After you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. We also recommend promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Please be respectful of the neighborhood. Residents most likely live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay a lot more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental home to make certain you've collected all valuables.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one final time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Most rental management company sites request reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for positive ratings. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest with regards to experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Learn and Improve
Does everybody want to re-book next year? We hope this guide steered you to a great vacation rental. If the rental home was not quite right, and you'll better know how to refine your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.3 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.4 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.2 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles