- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySound Wind is a modern canal front home in Oyster Creek. Relish canal front living with deep water boat dockage at your doorstep including smooth access to the Pamlico Sound. Sound Wind offers 4 single kayaks, ideal for exploring the close by Pamlico Sound. A roof top outdoor space offers expansive vistas of the salt marsh and Pamlico Sound.
The first floor open floor plan includes a living area, dining, and kitchen with enormous breakfast bar. The second floor offers a master bedroom with a queen size bed and master bathroom with double sinks and a generous walk in shower. The second master bedroom includes a queen size bed and master bath. For your comfort, the second floor entry has a mini refrigerator and sink/bar area, ideal for time spent on the rooftop outdoor space. Sound Wind includes elegant natural woods, tile, and granite.
2 Bedrooms. 2.5 Baths. Two Master Bedrooms each with Queen Bed.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, cable TV and DVD player. Wireless internet access. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
Exterior includes include a screened porch, outdoor space and roof top outdoor space. For the boaters there is a dockside charging station for your boat, water hookup and hose for the dock and the fish cleaning station. Try your luck at crabbing or fishing off the dock. Appreciate a enormous outdoor hot/cold shower, charcoal grille and covered parking.
There is no need to rent kayaks, Sound Wind offers 4 single kayaks. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be excstatic to assist.
No Smoking. No Telephone. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Living Area with TV, Kitchen with Breakfast Bar, Half Bath, and Laundry Area.
Second Floor: Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, Bath with Giant Walk-In Shower. Master Bedroom with Queen Bed, Bath with Tub and Separate Shower. Foyer with Wet Bar and Mini-Fridge.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area promotional travel catalogs that feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by vendors, or through a relationship between the property management company and the store itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to alter your dates? Off-peak times offer up remarkable deals.
- Are you a military veteran? Many vacation rental companies provide price cuts to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are practically catered to specific clients, whether it is beachfront units with pier passes, city-center condos with close access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. If there's a certain Ocracoke atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners typically offer their customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental property Tricks & Tips
You might be surprised to uncover just how many properties are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to select a vacation home that suits their desires and budget.
The vast majority of rental properties in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Property management companies are liked by property owners mainly because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
We have put together a short guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and booking the right rental home:
Before you decide to book "Sound Breeze: Contemporary canal front, screened porch, decks.", examine our brief checklist of things to consider.
The Earlier, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Pick a Town and Time
Begin by picking which specific area of Ocracoke you would like to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the party. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Commit to a Spending Limit
Make sure that "Sound Breeze: Contemporary canal front, screened porch, decks." suits your budget *during your desired dates*. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure that everybody understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. In most cases, just one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each party's contribution.
Let's Talk Amenities
What property features is the group trying to find? Do you just want a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Will the property need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are bedsheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Sometimes the elder generation has problems with stairways. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, include that into your search. Most property listings include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your companion! Dog guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start the Search
When the location, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the rental home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of very similar properties that better suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Entire Contract
Read through the full agreement and be certain you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal fee, travelers will have to pay state taxes when booking "Sound Breeze: Contemporary canal front, screened porch, decks.", in addition to any other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you discover damage, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager immediately. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be very helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make certain you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many rental property websites seek testimonials after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive ratings. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but straightforward with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will try hard to rectify the problem.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Does everyone want to go back? If everything was outstanding, next year's vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. If the rental property wasn't ideal, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search for the next time.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.4 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles