- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis Ocracoke Island, pet welcoming, sound view home was constructed in the rustic style of a mainland farm home. Located at the edge of a salt marsh, it offers great water vistas and a appealing environment. Sit a spell and rest on the roomy screened porch. Galley style kitchen, living room, dining room, bath, and 2 bedrooms on the 1st floor. The two upstairs bedrooms and upstairs bath are accessible by a steep set of stairs - nearly ladder-like.
4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: First floor has 1 bedroom with a Double and 1 bedroom with a Bunk Bed. Second floor has 1 bedroom with Queen, 1 bedroom with Double and Twin bed. First floor bath has a shower stall and second floor bath has a tub.
Conveniences supplied central air conditioning/heat, cable TV. Gas fireplace (Off-Season Only). The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer (located in separate rooms).
The exterior offers a screened porch, outdoor space swing, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower and fish cleaning bench. Tandem kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be merry to assist.
*This home does not give linens.
No Telephone. No Internet Access.
No Smoking. Pet Neighborly. min. 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV. One bedroom with Double Bed. One bedroom with Bunk Bed and partially obstructed entry door. Bath with shower stall. Washer and dryer are individually located in a bedroom closet.
Second Floor: Steep ladder like stairs to second floor. Bedroom with Queen Bed and a bedroom with Double Bed and Twin Bed. Bath with tub only.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property managers and rental houses provide Ocracoke area discount books which feature money-saving offers, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local itself. Keep an eye out for these guides and promotional books, since this allows visitors to enjoy the very same terrific attractions with a often considerable discounted.
- Are the vacation dates changeable? Shoulder seasons provide incredible discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Several rental companies provide unique discounts to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific groups of travellers. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. You'll receive the most value from a home which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a little more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of health related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are shocked to discover just how many vacation rentals can be found in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an optimum retreat to fit their Ocracoke crew, from quiet condominiums to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Rental owners frequently choose management companies to facilitate advertising and marketing, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be delighted to find that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Finding and booking the best vacation property:
Before you book "Fifth Sunday: Pet friendly, rustic farmhouse style, marsh views.", read through our short list of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many popular vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Find your Area and Confirm Dates
Begin by determining which specific area of Ocracoke you want to explore, and the approximate trip dates.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental home
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Will your preferred vacation property fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company prior to reserving a pricey rental home. A single individual in your company needs to be given the task of collecting contributions and accepting responsibility for the whole rental cost at time of booking.
What amenities is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or nightlife? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental charge? Make a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure to include your furry family members. Although many vacation rentals allow family pets, rules and fees fluctuate per property. A number of restrictions could eliminate a prospective vacation property. Make sure to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. In addition to having exceptional rental properties, local agencies offer outstanding service..
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Entire Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, vacationers must pay local taxes when renting "Fifth Sunday: Pet friendly, rustic farmhouse style, marsh views.", along with various other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their situation, including an animal charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Vacation rental management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their clients the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages when you arrive. If you find wear and tear, or if fixes are needed contact the rental manager straight away. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, property access, pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents often times live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a little. Although you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The property really should be in good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dishes, surplus sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- As soon as everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Many rental property sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything was unacceptable and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? With some luck everything ended up being wonderful and you're happy to reserve the property for your next vacation. Maybe the rental home wasn't perfect, and you will better understand how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.5 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.6 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.6 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.0 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.8 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.6 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.6 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.8 miles
- Hammock Hills Nature Trail - 0.8 miles