For bird lovers, the Outer Banks is hard to beat. This delicate chain of barrier islands is not only home to dozens of different native shorebirds, but also thousands of migrating birds who make a rest stop on the Outer Banks every year. Add to this the fact that the islands have hundreds of miles of deserted beaches, maritime forest, and marshlands for species to quietly flourish, and it's clear that the Outer Banks is literally for the birds.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor this peaceful, private location on Ocracoke Island, just 50 yards from a canal leading to the Pamlico Sound. A ideal place to launch your kayak or canoe.
2 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths: 1 with Queen, 1 with Queen and a set of Bunk Beds. (Queen linens offers tall beds, you may want to bring deep pocket sheets).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV with DVD player. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Telephone with domestic long distance service. High Efficiency washer and dryer. High chair.
The exterior offers a screened porch, hot/cold outdoor shower, ground level screened room under the home and park style charcoal grille.
*This home does not give linens.
Fireplace is Not Available.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Queen bed and Bunk Bed. Bath with tub/shower. Half Bath with tub/shower and stack washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send travel guide books with savings for rental properties, dining and activities. Search for these books and coupon books, because this allows visitors to enjoy the very same fantastic activities at a generally significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your travel week? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top fees.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the US Armed forces, or repeat vacation goers to the same vacation home. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of vacationers. Event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to night life. You should prioritize your proximity to the activities and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Property management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed as a result of health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected motel stay or additional gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to discover how many properties are available in Ocracoke. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you understand the vacation rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book a great vacation home:
Do you believe "Cole Bin: Quiet location, near canal, perfect for kayaking." is the best rental home for your next trip? Look over this check list to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your trip. Many visitors choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Consensus can be tough between members of the family, but once this tricky part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
How Much Rental home Do You Need?
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Remember that that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Confirm that "Cole Bin: Quiet location, near canal, perfect for kayaking." fits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before booking a pricey vacation property. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and getting each family member's share.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group interested in? Do you want a rental with outside dining area? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, in town, or in close proximity to restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property rate? Create a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Grandma and Grandpa will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the Third floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your companion! Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Many restrictions might eliminate a potential vacation property. Examine your contract carefully! Charges may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match guests with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Apart from offering exclusive properties, local companies provide excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your greatest chance of a lower rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Study the Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation home management companies and home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental Home
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your vacation home! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage as soon as you arrive. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about legal liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. When there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many hassles.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents frequently live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Tidy up a little. Regardless of whether you're paying a housekeeping fee, The rental home should be in sound condition. Sinks full of dishes, excessive sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be addressed before leaving.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred during your remain. If you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to give comments. If your rental and/or property manager was great, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest with regards to experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did they enjoy their stay? Maybe everything turned out to be perfect and you are all set to reserve the property for your next vacation. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with the next search.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.5 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.5 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.5 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.6 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.6 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.5 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.6 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.6 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.6 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.7 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles