The Outer Banks offers plenty of opportunities for a healthy, family fun vacation. Visitors can spread out over more than 100 miles of pristine shoreline. For Summer 2020, local restaurants and eateries are providing abundant take-out and delivery options. Also, there’s no risk of boredom with our list of social-distancing compatible activities! It’s no wonder that vacationers are turning to the Outer Banks for a fun, relaxing, and safe vacation during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Here are our picks for outdoor attractions, parks and activities where it’s easy to maintain social distancing guidelines while having 100% of the fun.
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySavor this pet welcoming two bedroom Ocracoke Island bungalow. Convenient walk to Silver Lake Harbor, stores, eateries and activities. This simple bungalow is waiting for you! Spend some casual time on the enormous screened porch.
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath: 1 with Queen, 1 with two Doubles.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, 3 cable TVs and DVD player. The kitchen includes a microwave. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers an outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Double kayak. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be joyful to assist.
*This home does not give linens.
No dishwasher. No Internet Access. No Telephone.
No Smoking. Pet Affable. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Living room with TV. Eat-in kitchen with washer/dryer. Bedroom with Queen bed with TV and bedroom with two Doubles with TV. Hallway bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation rental homes supply Ocracoke area discount catalogs that feature money-saving deals, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Desire to stay away from the packed areas and reduce costs? The off-peak seasons will offer you phenomenal rates on weekly rental properties.
- Several property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the US Military, or repeat visitors of the same property. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discount.
- Some rental homes are essentially catered to specific clients, whether it is beachfront rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and tours you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual property owners frequently offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Home Tips & Tricks
Many people are shocked to discover just how many vacation homes can be found in Ocracoke. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an suitable retreat to fit their Ocracoke group, from relaxing condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with booking, check-in, housekeeping, as well as maintenance problems that may arise.
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Before you start to book "Rella's: Pet friendly home close to shops, restaurants and activities.", examine our short collection of issues to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke rentals start booking very early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for families to plan their Summer trips..
Choose a Town and Date
Begin by deciding which specific area of Ocracoke you prefer to explore, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for your family. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Make certain "Rella's: Pet friendly home close to shops, restaurants and activities." suits your budget *during your desired week*. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, ensure everyone understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. One member of your group will have to be in charge of gathering repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental payment at time of booking.
What home features is your family searching for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Will the property have bicycles and body boards for use during your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Optimal accessibility could make or ruin a trip for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. Almost all property listings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Do not forget to include your best friend! Dog guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and breeds may be restricted. Examine your contract thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
After the place, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the property has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Read through the full contract and make certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Where to Get Help
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages right after you arrive. We also suggest promptly phoning the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any needed repairs.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep all the rooms in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- As soon as everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Many vacation rental sites request comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything went wrong and they did not fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you'll want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did they love their rental? Hopefully this guide steered you to a great home away from home. If not, you have gained valuable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- Dajio - 0.0 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.1 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.1 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.1 miles
- The Slushy Stand - 0.1 miles
- SmacNally's Raw Bar and Grill - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.1 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.0 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.1 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.2 miles