If you know where to look, the Outer Banks can be a beachcomber's paradise. With miles of shoreline to explore, hidden beaches that are relatively untouched, and literally piles of shells washing up on the beaches after a storm, shelling on the OBX beaches is simply a matter of timing and area expertise.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis trendy Ocracoke holiday bungalow is great for family holidays or couples. Raised above ground level, this bungalow offers both an exterior stairway and an access ramp for straighforward access and wheel chair accessibility. Appreciate the convenient walking distance to the Ocracoke Coffee Company, eateries, Silver Lake Harbor, Village stores and the library. Bad day for the beach ~ the enormous great room includes a state of the art home theater with a 65 inch 4K OLED screen, Pioneer Elite components, surround-sound speakers, and an AppleTV, with a movie collection of over 1,000 titles and HBO. Need to check in with work ~ the home includes the fastest internet available on the island and a notebook desk with a 27" 4K monitor.
3 bedrooms: 1 w/Queen, 1 w/ 2 Twins, 1 w/ Pyramid (double on bottom and twin on top). 2 Baths (each with shower only).
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, wireless internet service, phones with domestic long distance service. TVs and more (see details below). The kitchen includes a double oven convection gas range with integrated griddle, microwave and dishwasher. Washer/dryer.
The exterior offers a screened porch with dining table and seating including a hammock swing. The voluminous open outdoor space offers a dining table with umbrella and gas grille. The rear yard offers a hammock ideal for relaxion and a park style charcoal grille. Fish cleaning bench, enormous sheltered outdoor hot/cold outdoor shower and foot shower. Fenced rear yard with convenient access via the gated outdoor space and parking area.
Boat storage/covered parking is available underneath the home, in the left bay with a clearance of roughly 6 foot 10 inches. The right bay offers a sizable outdoor shower and platform designed for loading/unloading items and wheelchairs. This platform provides access to the home's entry ramp. The right side bay is not available for car or golf cart parking. Additional car parking is available outdoors.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Neighborly. Limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
Single story home: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD/ATV. Bedroom with Queen bed, TV/DVD/ATV. Bedroom with two Twin beds, TV/DVD/PS3. Bedroom with Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Two Baths with shower. Laundry Closet.
Additional audio/visual amenities include a bluray/DVD/CD/MP3 disk. Pandora, Google Chromecast, DirecTV DVR, HBO, internet radio, as well as Netflix streaming with your account. A second sizable screen flat panel HDTV with bluray/DVD, Netflix, Pandora, AppleTV, HBO, along with sound bar and subwoofer is located in the queen bedroom. A third flat panel HDTV with a Sony PS3 game console (also plays bluray/DVDs) is located in the twin bedroom. All systems have DirecTV satellite service. XM satellite radio is available via the DirecTV to the home theater system.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Many property owners and vacation houses provide Ocracoke area promotional travel books which feature offers, either offered independently by vendors, or via a relationship between the management company and the store itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Willing to modify your trip dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of rental companies offer price cuts to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are most looking forward to ? Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and attractions you are most interested in.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental Home Advice
Many people are surprised to learn just how many properties are located in their area of interest. With such a big selection, renters are certain to find a rental that fits their expectations and spending budget.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental home, management companies are critical in assisting families with making reservations, checking-in, cleaning, as well as routine maintenance issues that may arise.
We've put together a short guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Finding and reserving the right rental home:
Before you book "Hangin' Loose: Pet friendly, deck, screened porch, ramp.", read through our brief checklist of points to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Ocracoke vacation rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for families to plot their Summer vacations..
Select your Area and Vacation Week
Agreement can be challenging among loved ones, but as soon as this tricky part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Confirm who is traveling, and just how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you should have. Be aware that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, communicate with the property owner before you book.
Create a Budget
Most vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to reserving a costly rental. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be liable for the whole reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is the group searching for? Is a screened-in deck a necessity? Does the property need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or close to shopping? Are sheet sets offered with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority features to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Optimal access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
What About Furry Family Members?
Remember to include your best friend! Dog guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions carefully. Many restrictions could dismiss a potential rental home. You'll want to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
It Is Time to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in an exceptional vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest chance for a lower rate is shifting to an off-season week.
Study the Entire Contract
You should know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the standard charge, travelers must pay state taxes when booking "Hangin' Loose: Pet friendly, deck, screened porch, ramp.", as well as any other fees which might be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you wish to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Property management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure that you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Take notes of any property damage immediately after you arrive. If you find damage, or if fixes are required get in touch with the home manager straight away.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, property access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Please be considerate of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Most rental property sites request reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive ratings. If something went wrong and they didn't correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Did everybody have a good time? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific rental. If not, you have acquired useful experience that can help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.3 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.3 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles