The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyBright and big, this well maintained Ocracoke Island home is located in the Jackson Dunes area on a generous treed lot. Relish plenty of room to spread out and relax.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with Pyramid (double on the bottom and a twin on the top). Both baths have shower only.
Additional niceties include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 3 cable TVs and DVD. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer. Telephone.
Sheets and towels are included. Beds are made for your arrival.
The exterior offers a screened porch, decks, picnic table, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. Limit of 3 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV/DVD/VCR. Bedroom with Pyramid Bed (double on bottom and twin on top). Bath with shower stall. Laundry area.
Second Floor: Two bedrooms each with Queen bed, TVs. Bath with shower stall.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with savings for rental homes, dining and tours. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high prices.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat guests to the same rental home. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most looking forward to.
- Management companies and individual rental owners generally offer their clients the opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, offers guests reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel.
General Rental Home Information
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and variety of weekly rental homes available in the Ocracoke area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation homes are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be delighted to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to look.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Tradewinds: Bright and spacious, decks, lookout and screened porch.", review our brief checklist of issues to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking very early. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Begin by deciding which specific area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Bear in mind that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, email or call the property owner before you book.
Stay on a Budget
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Confirm the price for your chosen stay. It could be at the top end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before booking a pricey rental home. Most rental agreements require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
What property features is your family looking for? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Does the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental charge? Make a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the Third floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a four-legged friend? Pet policies are different at each property. Study descriptions carefully. A number of limitations may possibly eliminate a potential rental home. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *before* you book!
Where to Search
Many websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies usually have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the property management company may know of similar homes that fit your wishes and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Entire Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal charge, vacationers must pay local taxes when renting "Tradewinds: Bright and spacious, decks, lookout and screened porch.", in addition to various other fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the home owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Be sure to get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear soon after you arrive. If you find damages, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager right away.
- Ask questions. You may need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of hassle.
- Please be considerate of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental property to ensure you've packed all possessions.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental home to verify no property damage occurred during your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental management company web sites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with the people in your group. How did they feel about the rental? Maybe everything turned out to be fantastic and you're excited to reserve the same property for next year. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next vacation.
- Howard's Pub & Raw Bar Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Plum Pointe Kitchen - 0.4 miles
- 1718 Brewing - 0.4 miles
- Cafe Atlantic - 0.4 miles
- Helios' Hideaway - 0.4 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Jason's Restaurant - 0.5 miles
- Gaffer's Sport Pub - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.7 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.5 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.5 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.6 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.7 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.7 miles