- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyAdore an Ocracoke Island holiday at the Mary Francis bungalow. This historic home, originally constructed in 1925, is readily located near Silver Lake Harbor and offers a nice walk or bicycle ride to island stores, galleries and eateries. The Mary Francis also offers convenient access to the Springer's Point Preserve and the lighthouse.
Unwind on the front porch with a glimpse of the Ocracoke Lighthouse. The front of the bungalow offers a gracious covered porch and pretty front yard. Swing in the porch swing or rock in one of the wooden rocking chairs and watch the world go by. Unwind on the rear outdoor space complete with picnic table for outdoor entertaining.
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths: 1 Queen with private bath with glass shower is located on the first floor. Second floor with 1 bedroom with Queen bed and 1 bedroom with two Twin beds. Full bath has tub/shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, cable TV with sound bar and DVD player. The kitchen offers a gas stove, microwave and dishwasher. Telephone. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers a covered front porch with porch swing and rockers, rear outdoor space with picnic table for outdoor eating, hot/cold outdoor shower, park style charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Amiable - Dogs Only. Limit 1 Dog. Limit of 2 cars.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Living room with TV/DVD. Open kitchen and dining area. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Master Bath with shower. Half Bath. Laundry Room.
Second Floor: Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with two Twin beds. Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guides with special packages for rental homes, dining and activities. Be on the lookout for these magazines and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to enjoy those fantastic attractions with a significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to change your dates? The off-peak seasons may offer terrific rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or repeat visitors to the same rental home. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily suited for specific types of travellers. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are situated close to music venues. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you just love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners typically offer their customers the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides guests reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to discover how many rental properties can be found in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an suitable getaway to suit their Ocracoke gang, from tranquil condos to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently choose management companies to manage advertising and marketing, housekeeping and maintenance tasks.
We've assembled a brief guide to help you get the most from your vacation property experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental:
Before you decide to book "The Mary Francis: Pet friendly, near Springers Point and Lighthouse", review our brief collection of points to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Ocracoke rentals start booking very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Consensus can be challenging among close relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental property
How many relatives are joining your trip? Be mindful that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Decide on Your Budget
Does the chosen vacation property suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure that each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. In most cases, just one person in the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and recovering each person's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is your family searching for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Are sheet sets included with the rental agreement, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Occasionally the older generation has problems with staircases. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Take the Dog
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be limited. Be sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
Several websites exist to match renters with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the home has everything you need. If something is missing, the rental management company may know of very similar properties that suit your preferences and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Read the Entire Agreement
Read the entire contract and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other extra fees.
If you need to Cancel
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental agreements require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the rental manager without delay.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be considerate of the neighborhood. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a visit much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Most rental property web sites seek reviews after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable reviews. If anything went wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you should note that in your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Does everyone want to return next year? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning will be relatively easy. Maybe the rental property wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to filter your search for the next time.
- The Slushy Stand - 0.2 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.2 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.3 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.3 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.3 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Harbor - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Lighthouse - 0.1 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Tours - 0.2 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.3 miles
- Island Path Massage and Personal Retreats - 0.0 miles
- Lake House Day Spa at the Castle B&B - 0.0 miles
- Ditzy Dames Antiques - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Company - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Island Trading Co. - 0.2 miles
- Ride the Wind Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Seafood Co. - 0.2 miles