- 1 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyNamed for Ocracoke's historic mail boat, Aleta is located on a canal in Oyster Creek. Savor a waterfront holiday on Ocracoke in this glamourous pet chummy bungalow, ideal for a couple or modest family. Aleta offers an open-designed living/dining area with vaulted ceilings, skylights and a second story loft sitting and sleeping area. Handicap accessibility via entrance ramp, wide doors and a 3 foot entrance door to the first floor bathroom with shower with shower seat. Covered parking provides access to the exterior stairway and access ramp offering straighforward access and wheel chair accessibility.
1 Bedroom, 2 Baths: Sleeping loft with Queen, Queen Sleeper Couch in living area.
Adore preparing meals in the generous kitchen which includes a dishwasher, microwave and wine refrigerator. An adjoining screened porch overlooks a nice rear yard with live oak trees and the bulkheaded canal.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 satellite TVs and DVD player. Fireplace (Off-Season Only). Telephone. Washer and dryer. Iron and ironing board. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead with ladder offering easier water access for kayakers, covered porches, a screened porch, outdoor dining table, grille, hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench with water and electric and storage shed. Covered parking. Two single person kayaks for exploring the close by marshes. Life jackets are not included, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be delighted to assist.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Neighborly. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
*Boat dockage at this unit is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our affable staff will contact you.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, living area with TV, and Queen Sleeper Couch. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Sleeping Loft with Queen bed, TV, and sitting area. Bath with shower. Hallway stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
- Many property owners and rental properties supply Ocracoke area discount catalogs which include offers, either offered individually by vendors, or utilizing a partnership between the property manager and the vendor itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Willing to change your dates? Off-peak times provide significant savings.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer discounts for active and veteran members of the Military, or returning vacation goers of the same rental home. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and interesting attractions you are most looking forward to.
- Rental companies and individual property owners generally offer clients the chance to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers buyers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
General Rental property Information
Some people are surprised to discover just how many properties are offered in their area of interest. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified a few tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be delighted to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
How to find and book the best rental home:
Do you believe "Aleta: Pet friendly, waterfront, perfect for two. Private docking." is the best rental property for your upcoming getaway? Look over this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Like many popular hot spots, In Ocracoke the best rental properties are booked very early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Decide on a Town and Date
Consensus can be tough among relatives, but as soon as this challenging part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is joining, and just how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you need to have. Remember that that most vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is acceptable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Does your selected rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that everyone understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. One individual in your family will have to be responsible for getting contributions and accepting responsibility for the complete rental fee at time of booking.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you only desire a rental home with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Do a few people in your party have specialized needs? Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair access, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Remember to include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines can vary. A number of restrictions might eliminate a prospective vacation property. Make sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Apart from having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read Through The Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives reassurance should tragedy strike.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You'll probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Remember to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make certain no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are required get in touch with the rental manager straight away. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure no damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Just about all vacation rental management companies and rental search sites permit travellers to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the property was not as described, you'll want to note that in your comments.
Use Your Experience
Did everyone have a blast? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning is going to be simple and easy. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles