The Ocracoke Harbor is easily the busiest quarter mile stretch of Ocracoke Island. Consisting of a small, lagoon-like section of saltwater, and lined by a semi-circle of docks, restaurants, shops, marinas and motels, visitors will find that any and all of the activities on Ocracoke Island can most certainly be found harbor front.
- 1 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyNamed for Ocracoke's historic mail boat, Aleta is located on a canal in Oyster Creek. Savor a waterfront holiday on Ocracoke in this beautiful pet neighborly bungalow, ideal for a couple or modest family. Aleta offers an open-designed living/dining area with vaulted ceilings, skylights and a second story loft sitting and sleeping area. Handicap accessibility via entrance ramp, wide doors and a 3 foot entrance door to the first floor bathroom with shower with shower seat. Covered parking provides access to the exterior stairway and access ramp offering smooth access and wheel chair accessibility.
1 Bedroom, 2 Baths: Sleeping loft with Queen, Queen Sleeper Couch in living area.
Relish preparing meals in the generous kitchen which includes a dishwasher, microwave and wine refrigerator. An adjoining screened porch overlooks a nice rear yard with live oak trees and the bulkheaded canal.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 satellite TVs and DVD player. Fireplace (Off-Season Only). Telephone. Washer and dryer. Iron and ironing board. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead with ladder offering easier water access for kayakers, covered porches, a screened porch, outdoor dining table, grille, hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench with water and electric and storage shed. Covered parking. Two single person kayaks for exploring the close by marshes. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be excstatic to assist.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Helpful. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
*Boat dockage at this unit is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our helpful staff will contact you.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, living area with TV, and Queen Sleeper Couch. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Sleeping Loft with Queen bed, TV, and sitting area. Bath with shower. Hallway stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes provide Ocracoke area promotional books which include deals, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-peak times offer up substantive deals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer financial savings to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of guests. Event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate escapes. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to music venues. If there's a certain Ocracoke activity that you just love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental owners often offer their clients an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
General Vacation Rental Information
First-timers are sometimes shocked at the range and variety of short-term rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their property, management companies are critical in assisting guests with making reservations, checking-in, house cleaning, as well as maintenance problems that may arise.
We have put together a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Where to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you believe "Aleta: Pet friendly, waterfront, perfect for two. Private docking." is the best rental for your upcoming getaway? Look over this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental properties book months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of your vacation. Many families choose to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Start by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you would like to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Bear in mind that a lot of vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. If not, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Most rental homes are advertised with a cost range. Determine the rate for your desired stay. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking a pricey rental property. Most rental documents require a single individual to be liable for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family searching for? Is a screened porch a necessity? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental property rate? Gather a list of "needs and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Do certain members of your group have specific needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a furry companion? Dog guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Many limitations may possibly dismiss a prospective vacation property. Make sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer a first-class rental experience.
When you have spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
If you must Cancel
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also suggest promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any critical repairs.
- You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please be considerate of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Ensure you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and closets.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to offer reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. How did they feel about the property? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental unit. Otherwise, you've acquired invaluable experience that can help with the next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Graceful Bakery - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant & Wine Bar - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.4 miles