- 1 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyNamed for Ocracoke's historic mail boat, Aleta is located on a canal in Oyster Creek. Relish a waterfront holiday on Ocracoke in this brilliant pet affable bungalow, ideal for a couple or modest family. Aleta offers an open-designed living/dining area with vaulted ceilings, skylights and a second story loft sitting and sleeping area. Handicap accessibility via entrance ramp, wide doors and a 3 foot entrance door to the first floor bathroom with shower with shower seat. Covered parking provides access to the exterior stairway and access ramp offering straighforward access and wheel chair accessibility.
1 Bedroom, 2 Baths: Sleeping loft with Queen, Queen Sleeper Couch in living area.
Savor preparing meals in the generous kitchen which includes a dishwasher, microwave and wine refrigerator. An adjoining screened porch overlooks a agreeable rear yard with live oak trees and the bulkheaded canal.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 satellite TVs and DVD player. Fireplace (Off-Season Only). Telephone. Washer and dryer. Iron and ironing board. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead with ladder offering easier water access for kayakers, covered porches, a screened porch, outdoor dining table, grille, hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench with water and electric and storage shed. Covered parking. Two single person kayaks for exploring the close by marshes. Life jackets are not supplied, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop. They will be pleased to assist.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Helpful. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
*Boat dockage at this unit is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our chummy staff will contact you.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, living area with TV, and Queen Sleeper Couch. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Sleeping Loft with Queen bed, TV, and sitting area. Bath with shower. Hallway stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation rental houses supply Ocracoke area travel magazines which include offers, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the management company and the itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Shoulder seasons feature outstanding savings.
- Plenty of rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat vacationers to the same rental home. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are primarily suited for specific types of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to music venues. If there's a specific Ocracoke activity that you just love, search for properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed as a consequence of health-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
General Rental Advice
Many people are surprised to learn how many rental properties are offered in Ocracoke. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to come across a rental that matches their expectations and budget.
Nearly all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. Rental owners typically select management companies to facilitate internet marketing, house cleaning services and routine maintenance.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most newcomers will be delighted to realize that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you understand how to search.
Where to find and reserve the best rental home:
Do you believe "Aleta: Pet friendly, waterfront, perfect for two. Private docking." is the best vacation property for your next trip? Read through this check list to make sure it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke rentals start booking very early. For the greatest selection, begin your planning and search Six-12 months prior to your trip. Many groups plan to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Pick your Place and Travel Week
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Ocracoke you'd like to explore, and the choose travel dates.
How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
Determine who is going, and how many/what sort of bedroom setup you should have. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Most rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Shell out?
Confirm that "Aleta: Pet friendly, waterfront, perfect for two. Private docking." works with your budget *during your desired dates*. If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Normally, a single person in the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and getting each family member's share.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a vacation property with patio kitchen? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the home have bicycles and body boards available during your stay? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your company to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Special Factors to consider
Elderly guests will thank you for not renting a stairs-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, factor that into your search. Most rental postings include a list of amenities.
Make sure to include your furry family members. Animal friends are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines differ. Study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
When the location, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having exceptional properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the home has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of comparable properties that fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read through the Entire Agreement
Read through the complete contract and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard price, travelers will need to pay local taxes when booking "Aleta: Pet friendly, waterfront, perfect for two. Private docking.", along with any other additional fees which might be mandatory depending on their situation, including a pet fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
If you want to Cancel
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation home management companies and individual property owners typically offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed due to personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental contracts require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To make certain no damages are associated with your stay, make a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also suggest immediately phoning the rental home manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any needed repairs.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please be considerate of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a little bit. Even when you're having to pay a cleaning fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks full of dishes, excessive beach sand on the floors and sticky messes should really be taken care of prior to leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Nearly all rental management company web sites ask for feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was unsatisfactory and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Did everybody have a blast? Maybe everything was outstanding and you're all set to re-book the rental for your next vacation. If not, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to help with your next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.4 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles