- 1 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyNamed for Ocracoke's historic mail boat, Aleta is located on a canal in Oyster Creek. Adore a waterfront holiday on Ocracoke in this glamourous pet chummy bungalow, ideal for a couple or modest family. Aleta offers an open-designed living/dining area with vaulted ceilings, skylights and a second story loft sitting and sleeping area. Handicap accessibility via entrance ramp, wide doors and a 3 foot entrance door to the first floor bathroom with shower with shower seat. Covered parking provides access to the exterior stairway and access ramp offering painless access and wheel chair accessibility.
1 Bedroom, 2 Baths: Sleeping loft with Queen, Queen Sleeper Couch in living area.
Savor preparing meals in the generous kitchen which includes a dishwasher, microwave and wine refrigerator. An adjoining screened porch overlooks a nice rear yard with live oak trees and the bulkheaded canal.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 2 satellite TVs and DVD player. Fireplace (Off-Season Only). Telephone. Washer and dryer. Iron and ironing board. Pack-N-Play. High chair.
The exterior offers *private boat dockage, bulkhead with ladder offering easier water access for kayakers, covered porches, a screened porch, outdoor dining table, grille, hot/cold outdoor shower, fish cleaning bench with water and electric and storage shed. Covered parking. Two single person kayaks for exploring the close by marshes. Life jackets are not included, if you wish to rent them, please contact Ride The Wind Surf Shop at (252) 928-6311 and they will be merry to assist.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. Pet Amicable. Limit of 2 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
*Boat dockage at this unit is located on the inner side of the canal bridge. Height clearance may be limited, dependent upon individual boat height. Boaters should anticipate five foot vertical clearance at high tide. If you have specific questions, please note them in the special request section when making your reservation. One of our helpful staff will contact you.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining, living area with TV, and Queen Sleeper Couch. Bath with shower.
Second Floor: Sleeping Loft with Queen bed, TV, and sitting area. Bath with shower. Hallway stackable washer/dryer.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with deals for lodging, dining and attractions. Look for these magazines and promotional books, because this allows visitors to discover the very same wonderful attractions with a frequently substantial discounted.
- Desire to stay away from crowds of people and get a better price? Off-peak times offer substantial discounts.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few vacation rental companies provide unique discounts to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discounted price.
- Is there a certain experience you are most looking forward to ? You will definitely get the most value from a rental that most thoroughly satisfies your ideal holiday setting, even if it costs a tad bit more.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed as a result of medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental Advice
First-timers tend to be surprised at the range and selection of weekly rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of vacation rentals in Ocracoke are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their rental, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with reserving, check-in, cleaning, and any routine service issues that may occur.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however most beginners will be delighted to learn that many of these "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Where to find and reserve the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "Aleta: Pet friendly, waterfront, perfect for two. Private docking.", examine our brief collection of issues to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking early. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of your vacation. A lot of groups prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Choose a Village and Time
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Ocracoke you prefer to browse, and the approximate travel dates.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Rental home
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that many vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. It is important to determine what is acceptable for your family. Most rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Prepared to Pay?
Check to make sure "Aleta: Pet friendly, waterfront, perfect for two. Private docking." works with your price range *during your desired week*. If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, be certain that each person knows their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental contracts call for a single individual to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the family interested in? Is a screened porch a requirement? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Are bedsheets included with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority features to guide narrow your search.
Do some people in your crew have special needs? Ensure that you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Do not forget to include your best friend! Although a number of rentals permit animal friends, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of animal, size and breeds could be controlled. Make sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Several websites exist to match visitors with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your easiest opportunity for a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Study the Total Contract
Read through the whole agreement and make certain you understand who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damage soon after you arrive. If you find damages, or if fixes are required contact the property manager immediately.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a stay significantly more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Clean up a little. Even though you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The vacation home is required to be in very good condition. Sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should really be dealt with prior to leaving.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for property damage. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Many vacation rental sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will thank you for positive recommendations. If anything was wrong and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Does everybody want to re-book next year? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be easy. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable experience to help with another search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.3 miles
- Dajio - 0.4 miles
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Jolly Roger Pub and Marina - 0.4 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Mark's Hot Dogs - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- Portsmouth Island Boat Tours - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Waterman's Association Exhibit and Education Site - 0.4 miles
- Osprey Charter Fishing - 0.4 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Preservation Society - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Island Visitor Center - 0.6 miles