Vacationers with a love of the great outdoors and a sense of adventure will truly appreciate Outer Banks camping. From expansive camping complexes with community pools and tennis courts to rustic oceanfront campsites with sea oats and sand, campers can choose how much "roughing it" their Outer Banks camping experience entails.
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThis outstanding Ocracoke holiday home offers spectacular unobstructed vistas of the distant sea and sound across an marvelous expanse of natural marsh. Rise early and appreciate your private front-row seat for a spectacular Ocracoke sunrise. Starry Nighttime offers voluminous wrap around screened porches on both the first and second floor. Savor vistas that many are not aware exist on Ocracoke Island.
Three bedrooms: two King beds and two Queen beds. Futon in the den. Two full baths with tub/shower. One bath includes a generous whirlpool tub.
Conveniences include central heat and air conditioning, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 5 cable TVs and DVD. The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and dryer.
The exterior includes screened porches, rooftop outdoor space offering voluminous marsh and distant sea vistas, an outdoor hot/cold shower, park style charcoal grille, picnic table, fish bench and covered parking.
Sheets and towels are supplied. Beds are made for your arrival.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
No Partial Week Stays.
First Floor: Bedroom with King bed with TV, shared bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower (access via bedroom and hallway). Bedroom with King bed with TV. Den with futon and TV. Laundry closet.
Open floor plan with the living area with TV, dining area and kitchen. Bedroom with 2 Queen beds with TV. Hallway Bath with tub/shower.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus offer printed guides with special offers for rental properties, restaurants and attractions. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Can you move your dates? Shoulder seasons special offer impressive prices.
- A number of rental companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the Armed forces, or returning travelers of the same rental. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a special offer.
- Is there a particular activity you are most getting excited about ? If there's a certain Ocracoke atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for properties that cater especially to you.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer their customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed as a result of health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Many people are shocked to discover just how many rentals can be found in their area of interest. With such a big selection, renters are certain to select a vacation home that matches their expectations and price range.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their home, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with making reservations, checking-in, housekeeping services, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
We have constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Do you believe "Starry Night: Unobstructed marsh views from the screened porch." is the best rental for your next vacation? Look over this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Ocracoke vacation homes start booking early. To assure the greatest selection of rental homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Ocracoke rental 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever you can. Many groups prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Start by figuring out which specific area of Ocracoke you'd like to explore, and the choose trip dates.
Pick a Size
How many relatives are planning to share your vacation? Remember that that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Shell out?
Does your preferred rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to chip in. One individual in your party will need to be responsible for getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the whole rental payment at time of reservation.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family trying to find? Is a screened deck a necessity? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or night life? Will the home have bicycles and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Elderly family members will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only property on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, include that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Make sure you include your pets. While quite a few vacation rentals allow canine companions, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. A number of constraints may possibly eliminate a potential rental home. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
After the area, travel dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources for the greatest vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation rental has everything that you need. If something is missing, the home management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest potential for a reduced rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read the Entire Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard rate, guests will have to pay state taxes when renting "Starry Night: Unobstructed marsh views from the screened porch.", along with various other fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Rental management companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your base rental home cost, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You will likely be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit right away. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to report your findings.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Please be considerate of the local community. Local people are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Many vacation rental websites request reviews after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a practical manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to note that in your comments.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their vacation? Maybe everything ended up being fantastic and you're all set to re-book the same rental home for next year. If not, you've acquired invaluable experience to help with the next search.
- The Flying Melon CafÃ© - 0.1 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.1 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.1 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.1 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Eduardo's - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.2 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.5 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- Tradewinds Tackle Shop - 0.3 miles