- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyOcra-Cork is located on a canal in Sound Shores with access to the Pamlico Sound. Adore the comfort of a dock with fish cleaning bench that includes sinks and running water. Ground level decking overlooking the dock and the canal. 'Widow's Walk' room and roof top outdoor space with 360 degree vistas for spectacular sunrises, sunsets or nighttime stargazing.
3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths: 2 with Queen, 1 with Pyramid (Queen in middle, Twin on top and an additional Twin trundle bed underneath). Loft area with 2 Twins and 2 three-inch thick twin foam beds. Queen Sized Futon in the second floor living area. An additional hot/cold inside shower with double shower heads is located in the entry level.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, satellite TV and Blu-Ray DVD player. Entirely supplied kitchen which includes a dishwasher and microwave. Washer and dryer.
The exterior offers private boat dockage, bulkhead, a sizable screened porch, decks, charcoal grille and fish cleaning bench. Covered parking for 2 cars.
*This home does not give linens.
No Smoking. No Family Animals Accepted. min. 4 cars.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open floor plan with living, dining and kitchen. Bedroom with Queen bed. Bedroom with Pyramid Bed (Queen in middle, Twin on top and an additional Twin trundle bed underneath). Hallway Bath. Laundry Closet in Kitchen.
Second Floor: Living Area with Queen Futon, TV/DVD. Master Bedroom with Queen bed and Master Bath. Loft Sleeping Area with two Twin beds.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and vacation properties supply Ocracoke area vacation discount guides which include coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the itself. These guides can provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to steer clear of the crowds of people? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum costs.
- Plenty of vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or repeat vacationers of the same vacation home. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some properties are practically designed to serve specific vacationers, whether it is beachfront units with pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. You will definitely get the best value from a home which most thoroughly matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Give thought to investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are surprised to learn just how many vacation rentals are available in Ocracoke. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental properties in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management companies. Property owners typically choose management companies to assist with advertisements, housekeeping services and maintenance tasks.
Below are some tips and methods to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the perfect vacation property:
Do you believe "Ocra-cork: Dock, easy access to Pamlico Sound, rooftop deck, views." is the perfect rental property for your next trip? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation rentals start booking early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households prefer to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose a Village and Time
Start by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you want to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Selecting an Appropriately-Sized Vacation rental
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Remember that that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Generally vacation home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Budget
Many rental properties are presented with a price range. Confirm the price for your preferred stay. It may be at the top end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental property. A single member of your family must be given the task of getting contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of reservation.
What property features is the group looking for? Do you only desire a rental home with a swimming pool, hot tub or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Are bedsheets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues to consider
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is necessary, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Have You Considered Furry Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the party travelling with a pup? While many vacation rentals allow canine companions, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. A number of constraints may possibly dismiss a potential vacation property. Don't forget to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Where to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Local companies will often have a unique selection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the vacation home has everything you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your greatest chance for a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Read Through The Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or weather, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. If you discover damage, or if repairs are required get in touch with the property manager right away. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please be considerate of the community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a good source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for left-behind possessions. Check bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, porches, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Just about all rental management companies and rental home sites permit customers to give comments. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your compliments. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the property wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your comments.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everybody have a good time? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic home away from home. Otherwise, you've acquired valuable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. - 0.3 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.4 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.5 miles
- Creekside Cafe - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Oyster Company - 0.5 miles
- Thai Moon - 0.5 miles
- Sorellas Pizza & Pasta - 0.5 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.5 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.4 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.5 miles
- Deepwater Theater and Music Hall - 0.5 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.5 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.5 miles
- Ocracoke Parasail - 0.5 miles