- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWe Welcome you to After Math, an inviting new Ocracoke Island home.
After Math offers an open floorplan, high ceilings and a phenomenal inviting rear screened porch with dining table, seating and TV to compliment your holiday experience.
1 Bedroom with Queen Bed. A second Queen Bed is located in a second floor loft which is accessed via a compact staircase. 1 Bath with shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 satellite TVs and a DVD player. Electric fireplace (off season only). The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and Dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
The exterior offers a rear screened porch with TV, open outdoor hot/cold shower, park style charcoal grille and picnic table.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars. No Telephone.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV and DVD. Bedroom with Queen Bed and TV. Bath with shower only. Washer/Dryer. Screened Porch with TV.
Modest Stairway Accessed Loft: Queen Bed and TV.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made when reserving your holiday unit or added to your reservation any time prior to your arrival. Please visit Beach Outfitters for details or call (877) 741-6645.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guide books with special offers for accommodations, dining and activities. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to change your travel week? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of peak costs.
- Are you a military veteran? Several property management companies offer markdowns to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a rate reduction.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly getting excited about during your stay? You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed due to personal medical emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and wide range of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Virtually all rental homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Property owners often select management companies to facilitate online advertising, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
We've put together a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental home experience.
How to find and book the perfect vacation home:
Before you book "After Math: Comfortable open floor plan and screened porch", examine our brief collection of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Ocracoke rental homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the greatest selection of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Ocracoke getaway Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a great time for groups to plot their Summer trips..
Decide on a Community and Time
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of organizing your vacation is choosing where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be much easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be mindful that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Create a Budget
Most rental homes are advertised with a price range. Determine the rate for your preferred week. It could be at the top end of the range. If several groups or family members are sharing the cost, check that each party understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Generally, a single person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a vacation property with outside dining area? Would you like to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Will the home have bicycles and body boards available for use during your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Do a few people in your group have special needs? Make sure that you remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Make sure you include your furry family members. Dog policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Make sure you study agreements and contracts carefully. Fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
The best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match renters with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Ocracoke local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local vacation rental management companies pride themselves on a top-quality vacation experience.
When you have spotted your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Your greatest prospects for a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Contract
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
If you need to Cancel
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental cost, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal hospital emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congrats on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any problems as soon as you arrive. We also suggest immediately getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary repairs. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call prevents many hassles.
- Please be considerate of the neighborhood. More often than not, adjacent households are occupied by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a little. Regardless of whether you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The rental home should really be in good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be taken care of prior to leaving.
- Once your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Most vacation rental web sites request reviews after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable critiques. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but sincere with regards to experience. The best owners and managers will try very hard to correct the situation.
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everyone have a good time? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning is going to be simple and easy. Maybe the rental was not quite right, and you will better understand how to filter your search for the next time.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles