- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWe Welcome you to After Math, an inviting new Ocracoke Island home.
After Math offers an open floorplan, high ceilings and a outstanding inviting rear screened porch with dining table, seating and TV to compliment your holiday experience.
1 Bedroom with Queen Bed. A second Queen Bed is located in a second floor loft which is accessed via a compact staircase. 1 Bath with shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 satellite TVs and a DVD player. Electric fireplace (off season only). The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and Dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
The exterior offers a rear screened porch with TV, open outdoor hot/cold shower, park style charcoal grille and picnic table.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars. No Telephone.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV and DVD. Bedroom with Queen Bed and TV. Bath with shower only. Washer/Dryer. Screened Porch with TV.
Modest Stairway Accessed Loft: Queen Bed and TV.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus will send printed guides with promotions for accommodations, dining and tours. Search for these magazines and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to experience the same wonderful attractions at a significantly discounted.
- Want to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons special offer outstanding discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for discount rates. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a particular experience that you are mainly anticipating during your stay? If there's a specific Ocracoke atteaction that you love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual property owners often offer their guests an opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gas.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are sometimes surprised at the range and wide variety of short-term vacation rentals available in the Ocracoke area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Nearly all vacation homes in Ocracoke are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their properties, management companies are critical in helping guests with making reservations, check-in, housekeeping, as well as repairs and maintenance problems that may arise.
We've constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation rental experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental property:
Before you start to book "After Math: Comfortable open floor plan and screened porch", review our brief collection of considerations.
Search Early and Often
Like many popular vacation spots, In Ocracoke the best vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for family groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Begin by figuring out which particular area of Ocracoke you'd like to visit, and the determine travel dates.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Rental
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible online. If not, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Most rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your chosen trip. It may be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking an expensive rental home. Most rental documents require a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you primarily want a home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Do you desire to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home payment? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Grandparents will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, include that into your search. Most property listings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other people in the group travelling with a pet dog? Animal friends are welcome at many rental properties, but policies can vary. Type of pet, size and breeds could be restricted. Make sure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
The best places to Search
When the place, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
When you've found your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Negotiating rates is most effective through the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Study the Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
Once you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To make certain no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also recommend immediately calling the rental manager with a report of any damages, together with your request for any repairs.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A quick phone call prevents many headaches.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Frequently, neighboring households are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every room of the rental home to make sure that you've gathered all possessions.
- Once everything is out, do a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred during your remain. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to provide feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your praise. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but straightforward in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to correct the problem.
Learn and Improve
Did they enjoy their rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic rental. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable experience to aid with the next search.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles