- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyWe Welcome you to After Math, an inviting new Ocracoke Island home.
After Math offers an open floorplan, high ceilings and a incredible calming rear screened porch with dining table, seating and TV to compliment your holiday experience.
1 Bedroom with Queen Bed. A second Queen Bed is located in a second floor loft which is accessed via a compact staircase. 1 Bath with shower.
Conveniences include central air conditioning/heat, ceiling fans, wireless internet access, 4 satellite TVs and a DVD player. Electric fireplace (off season only). The kitchen offers a microwave and dishwasher. Washer and Dryer.
*This home does not give linens.
The exterior offers a rear screened porch with TV, open outdoor hot/cold shower, park style charcoal grille and picnic table.
No Smoking. No Animals Accepted. Limit of 2 cars. No Telephone.
Military Discount Available. Discount can only be applied at time of renting.
Brief Stays are available, there is a three nighttime minimum.
First Floor: Open kitchen, dining and living area with TV and DVD. Bedroom with Queen Bed and TV. Bath with shower only. Washer/Dryer. Screened Porch with TV.
Modest Stairway Accessed Loft: Queen Bed and TV.
Bicycle Units, Beach Items, Cottage Items and More!
*Linens, Bikes, Beach Items, Cottage and Infant Items, and more are available through Beach Outfitters. Advance orders of Beach Outfitters items can be made any time prior to your arrival by phoning Ocracoke Island Realty.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you printed travel guides with promotions for accommodations, dining and tours. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Is it possible to change your dates? Shoulder seasons feature terrific savings.
- Are you a military veteran? Many management companies provide discount rates to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Is there a specific experience you are mainly getting excited about ? You'll receive the best value from a rental which most thoroughly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a little more.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental property Advice
You might be pleasantly surprised to find out just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Ocracoke group, from tranquil condominiums to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in assisting vacationers with booking, checking-in, cleaning, and any routine service problems that may arise.
Seasoned Ocracoke vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be delighted to find that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Finding and booking the best vacation property:
Before you start to book "After Math: Comfortable open floor plan and screened porch", read through our brief checklist of considerations.
Begin Your Search Early
Ocracoke vacation homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Many households prefer to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve holiday gatherings.
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Consensus can be tricky among family members, but the moment this difficult part is complete everything will start to fall in place.
Choose a Size
How many family members are joining your trip? Remember that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the company. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Check to make sure "After Math: Comfortable open floor plan and screened porch" works with your price range *during your desired week*. If a few groups or relatives are sharing the cost, make certain everyone knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
What amenities is the group trying to find? Do you just want a property with a swimming pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or close to shopping? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental rate? Gather a list of "necessities and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Animals are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines differ. Type of animal, size and breeds might be controlled. Examine your agreement carefully! Charges may apply when animals are included.
Start the Search
As soon as the area, dates and family members are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Ocracoke local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local companies usually have a unique assortment of vacation homes daily and weekly.
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your travel dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will probably be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Agreement
Read through the entire contract and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Rental management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed a result of personal health care emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
Once you feel you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Details
Make sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit right away. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any required fixes. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be useful.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or jacuzzi. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good next-door neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a stay a good deal more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for night life?
- Be sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep every room in the home for left-behind possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. When possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Virtually all rental sites ask for comments after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but completely honest with regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will work hard to rectify the problem.
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they like the property? Maybe everything ended up being exceptional and you are excited to reserve the property for next season. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Back Porch Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Coffee Co. & Island Smoothie - 0.2 miles
- Pony Island Restaurant - 0.2 miles
- Back Porch Lunchbox - 0.2 miles
- Fig Tree Bakery and the Sweet Tooth - 0.2 miles
- Ocracoke Station - 0.3 miles
- The Flying Melon - 0.3 miles
- Ocracoke Pizza Company - 0.3 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.6 miles
- Southern Environmental Law - Outer Banks - 0.3 miles
- Portsmouth Island ATV Excursions - 0.1 miles
- Blackbeard Museum at Teach's Hole - 0.2 miles
- Austin Boat Tours - 0.2 miles
- Tradewinds Bait & Tackle - 0.3 miles
- The Glass Bead & Java Junction - 0.3 miles
- The Anchorage Inn & Marina - 0.4 miles